Fiverr PRO 2.0

newsmike

Just now, smashradio said:

I just spoke to a VO seller (TRS) who got Pro oted to Pro without applying. He said he didnt have to charge a minimum of 100. So they're clearly lowering (or removing) that requirement. 

I think that's fine, I'm all for people setting their own prices as they see fit. I only worry about quality requirements to get the badge, lest it get devalued to the point of being meaningless.

• Like 14
  • Congrats! 1

3 minutes ago, tanyaosullivan said:

That’s fair. Seems weird they insisted on that. I can’t actually remember if I had to show anything social media wise to be verified. It should simply be you proving the work you can do.

I became a Pro without social media. I just told them that I dont use it, and that it is a deliberate choice. They were fine with that, obviously. I became a Pro a good while ago. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, visualstudios said:

I think that's fine, I'm all for people setting their own prices as they see fit. I only worry about quality requirements to get the badge, lest it get devalued to the point of being meaningless.

I agree. I don't think it would be a good thing to sell pro gigs for five bucks, though, but I expect they won't let it come to that. This would actually open up the door for me to go Pro in the VO category. I have avoided it for this exact reason. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Just now, smashradio said:

I just spoke to a VO seller (TRS) who got Pro oted to Pro without applying. He said he didnt have to charge a minimum of 100. So they're clearly lowering (or removing) that requirement. 

This is one of my main concerns. A pro gig can now start at $5. It’s difficult enough as it is competing with people selling their services at very low rates but at least with a pro badge you had a bit of credibility as to why you’re selling at a higher price, now if everyone is back in the same pool it could drive everything down.

I look forward to getting more clarity on what’s going on.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Just now, newsmike said:

Interesting deflection. 

Also, I've lurked here and there @visualstudios, and I know why you wanted to bring in Mike and Vickie. And while many other people don't call your poor behavior out, I've seen you attack and belittle users time and again.

But go ahead and give me your best shot. I'm not like the other users I've seen you push around. I've got two bachelor's degrees, spent 10 years in the Army, participated in OEF 1 for those keeping combat "score" at home, and have been recognized by Fiverr, Forbes, MSN, Business Insider, and more for my freelancing success.

So, if you want to belittle me like everyone else, go ahead. It says more about you than it does me. But do know I've talked to multiple people about the very specific people and behaviors that go on here, which is why this will be the only time I post about this very topic.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Just now, levinewman said:

So, if you want to belittle me like everyone else,

I don't want to belittle you, and that was not my intention. I don't think I did it at any point either, we just have different visions. I don't think using number of posts as a metric is very useful. 

• Like 13
  • Congrats! 1

12 minutes ago, smashradio said:

Ouch! That's not a good sign!

• Like 11
  • Up 1

5 minutes ago, levinewman said:

Also, I've lurked here and there @visualstudios, and I know why you wanted to bring in Mike and Vickie. And while many other people don't call your poor behavior out, I've seen you attack and belittle users time and again.

But go ahead and give me your best shot. I'm not like the other users I've seen you push around. I've got two bachelor's degrees, spent 10 years in the Army, participated in OEF 1 for those keeping combat "score" at home, and have been recognized by Fiverr, Forbes, MSN, Business Insider, and more for my freelancing success.

So, if you want to belittle me like everyone else, go ahead. It says more about you than it does me. But do know I've talked to multiple people about the very specific people and behaviors that go on here, which is why this will be the only time I post about this very topic.

Levi, I have no beef with what you've said.  Just that we disagree on the whole "English required" thingy.  

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, levinewman said:

You know what I find to be the biggest differentiator between successful Fiver sellers and those who are upset most of the time? Forum post counts. The higher the post count, the less they're just working and minding their own business. And you can take that however you want, but I've been here 9 years and that is a metric that's always proven to be correct.

Curious. I like to think that I'm fairly successful, working with major international brands. So is @newsmike, and we're probably some of the most active forum members. But perhaps you're right, and we need to redefine success based on forum posts. 🙂

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, levinewman said:

Forum post counts. The higher the post count, the less they're just working and minding their own business.

Levi, there are legitimate sellers that post on the forum often which also do a lot of work. I would like to say I am one of those people that don't just write stuff here and waste time. I learned a lot of things, I am also trying to share my knowledge, and I also have quite a lot of sales under my belt as well. But I am sure this was not targeting people like me, Vickie and others, so I will take a step back from the conversation. Congrats on the Pro badge!

• Like 15
  • Up 1

2 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

Someone told me I should apply for Pro, but I do not do social media either. However, neither did I automatically get promoted to Pro. 

Social media was originally a requirement, but no longer.  That was when they first launched PRO and the people doing the vetting could not imagine that anyone could be successful in any field without a TikTok account and 10,000 swooning bots posting likes. Again, problematic of dev folks running areas they know nothing about.

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 12
  • Congrats! 1

2 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

Someone told me I should apply for Pro, but I do not do social media either. However, neither did I automatically get promoted to Pro. 

Vickie, if Fiverr doesn't automatically make you a Pro, then they are doing something wrong. You have wayyyy less bad reviews than many Pro sellers, great business acumen and not to mention you've been on Fiverr for a long time. That's the definition of Pro in my books.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

I just realized what is probably going on.  Wanna bet they are letting AI vet and promote people to PRO? Hence the inability to spot poor English skills.  We know they are gaga over AI.

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 8
  • Haha 6
  • Congrats! 1

1 minute ago, newsmike said:

I just realized what is probably going on.  Wanna bet they are letting AI vet and promote people to PRO? Hence the inability to spot poor English skills.  We know they are gaga over AI.

"ChatGPT Verified" will be tier 1. "Bing Verified" will be tier 2. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

Levi, there are legitimate sellers that post on the forum often which also do a lot of work. I would like to say I am one of those people that don't just write stuff here and waste time. I learned a lot of things, I am also trying to share my knowledge, and I also have quite a lot of sales under my belt as well. But I am sure this was not targeting people like me, Vickie and others, so I will take a step back from the conversation. Congrats on the Pro badge!

I've seen many people who have tons of forum posts that just use the forums to belittle other people. So, I hold no value in forum posting. Are there people helping? Sure. But the large majority spend time insulting others that don't know any better or are unwilling to rock the boat and say something back. And for those worried about the English language, I'm sure they know this isn't an American company and that English is only the third most common native spoken language. Barely above Arabic.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, levinewman said:

I've seen many people who have tons of forum posts that just use the forums to belittle other people. So, I hold no value in forum posting. Are there people helping? Sure. But the large majority spend time insulting others that don't know any better or are unwilling to rock the boat and say something back. And for those worried about the English language, I'm sure they know this isn't an American company and that English is only the third most common native spoken language. Barely above Arabic.

Personally, I have no problem with sellers with poor English skills. I only have a problem when they lie about it. I live in Spain. If I wanted to be surrounded by people with English skills, this would hardly be my country of choice. 

• Like 11
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 2

1 minute ago, levinewman said:

And for those worried about the English language, I'm sure they know this isn't an American company and that English is only the third most common native spoken language. Barely above Arabic.

True, but if you are running an English speaking website and allow such sloppiness it it smacks of either laziness, or a lack of attention to quality. It has nothing to do with the % of English speakers on the planet, it has to do with the fact that this is supposedly an English speaking website.  Quality is quality, attention to detail is attention to detail. 

• Like 13
  • Congrats! 1

Just now, newsmike said:

True, but if you are running an English speaking website and allow such sloppiness it it smacks of either laziness, or a lack of attention to quality. It has nothing to do with the % of English speakers on the planet, it has to do with the fact that this is supposedly an English speaking website.  Quality is quality, attention to detail is attention to detail. 

You'd expect the seller to have at least a conversational level of English skills and the ability to proofread their business profile before they get promoted to Pro. I'd expect that of any company or freelancer who takes themselves and their business seriously in an online environment on an international website. Now, if they aren't 100% fluent in messages (but able to communicate effectively enough to get the job done,) fine. Will Pro sellers with poor English hurt the "Pro brand"? I believe it will. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, newsmike said:

And still, Amazon is one of the most successful businesses on the planet, and English by their users is horrendous. You're trying to dictate personal users which has nothing to do with Fiverr. I'm not saying it's not important for visual professionalism, but it's not something you, I, or Fiverr can dictate because this is a global platform and success isn't language based outside of specific areas.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, smashradio said:

just spoke to a VO seller (TRS) who got Pro oted to Pro without applying. He said he didnt have to charge a minimum of 100. So they're clearly lowering (or removing) that requirement. 

So far, NO gig under $100 has a pro badge.  A seller who does not have $100 gigs but was promoted to pro has pro on their profile but still does not have an under $100 gig with a badge.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1