Do's and Don't that we should be mindfull when communicating with a customer.

sociapreneur

Question

7 answers to this question

It's ok to ask the buyer to leave a review. It's not ok to ask a buyer for a positive review, five-star rating, great review etc. 

My success manager at Fiverr has confirmed that it's totally ok to gently nudge your buyers to leave feedback and answer any surveys from Fiverr after the order has been completed. I recommend doing it as part of your default order delivery message. Mine goes something like this (and follows the part explaining that the buyer shouldn't hesitate to reach out if they need changes or have any questions, to ensure that they know that's an option before leaving feedback). 

"If you're happy with my work, I'd greatly appreciate it if you could leave a review and answer any surveys from Fiverr after the order has been completed. This helps me grow my business."

• Like 16
  • Thanks 4

46 minutes ago, smashradio said:

"If you're happy with my work, I'd greatly appreciate it if you could leave a review and answer any surveys from Fiverr after the order has been completed. This helps me grow my business."

And if they aren't happy? By default, it would mean " I'd greatly appreciate not to leave a review nor answer Fiverr's surveys once the order is completed". 🙈😂

You better reword that message or you could get in deep trouble. 😉

• Like 6
  • Haha 7
  • Up 2

13 hours ago, maitasun said:

And if they aren't happy? By default, it would mean " I'd greatly appreciate not to leave a review nor answer Fiverr's surveys once the order is completed". 🙈😂

You better reword that message or you could get in deep trouble. 😉

Read the part above 😉 It follows the part that clearly states that, if the client needs changes or have concerns, they can reach out to me. So it's a continuation of the same paragraph, stating that a) they should reach out if they need anything or b)  complete the order if all is well. It's not on its own. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 14

5 hours ago, smashradio said:

Read the part above 😉 It follows the part that clearly states that, if the client needs changes or have concerns, they can reach out to me. So it's a continuation of the same paragraph, stating that a) they should reach out if they need anything or b)  complete the order if all is well. It's not on its own. 

Sorry, but no. It still means what I said, and you could get in trouble if Fiverr one day decides to look into any of your orders and read your delivery message.

Your buyer(s) may still not be happy even after requesting revisions and completing (or not) their order(s), and you're asking them not to review you or answer Fiverr's survey if that were the case.

Anyway, it's none of my business whether or not you decide to accept my advice. In the end, it's not my account that is at risk. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 12

33 minutes ago, maitasun said:

Sorry, but no. It still means what I said, and you could get in trouble if Fiverr one day decides to look into any of your orders and read your delivery message.

Your buyer(s) may still not be happy even after requesting revisions and completing (or not) their order(s), and you're asking them not to review you or answer Fiverr's survey if that were the case.

Anyway, it's none of my business whether or not you decide to accept my advice. In the end, it's not my account that is at risk. 🤷‍♀️

You make a good point. I'll look into changing the wording to avoid confusion. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

On 7/2/2023 at 3:33 AM, smashradio said:

It's ok to ask the buyer to leave a review. It's not ok to ask a buyer for a positive review, five-star rating, great review etc. 

My success manager at Fiverr has confirmed that it's totally ok to gently nudge your buyers to leave feedback and answer any surveys from Fiverr after the order has been completed. I recommend doing it as part of your default order delivery message. Mine goes something like this (and follows the part explaining that the buyer shouldn't hesitate to reach out if they need changes or have any questions, to ensure that they know that's an option before leaving feedback). 

This is awesome. I highly appreciate that you have mentioned this here. You have made my day. If you don't mind can you please mention me  your full "default order delivery message" here (Just the section which shows the stuff that I have asked in this thread). After doing the changes which was mentioned by @maitasunIt will be a great help for me. 

Have an awesome day. Thank you very much.

Edited by sociapreneur
  • Like 8

I never bother asking them for feedback, I am very narcissistic and proud of my designs. I provide the highest quality even at the lowest price. I reply to customers faster than I reply to my own girlfriend, but I never text first. I never complain if the customer needs 10 revisions or 1, we just agree together that for revisions, I start to charge per hour. That way we get the revisions done way faster and much more efficiently. I provide all orders with high-quality 4k renders, and full production technical drawings, all of that, quality checked. Each customer gets their own individual Commercial License Agreement to reiterate their ownership rights to the product. This technique always brings me 5 star reviews  

Edited by greenlz
  • Like 8