Problematic review, help!

erikaangelinafu

Question

In summary: I have a client who already accepted the delivery of the job, as he is problematic and stingy I asked him that at least to continue working on another order he would rate me with 5 stars this order. He agreed and supposedly "did it", he affirms it to me, he even says "he did it 2 times" which I doubt it is possible, but, I didn't get any rating. He says it "maybe because he didn't comment". (He said he would leave me the 5 stars but no comments). So, my question is: 

Is it necessary to leave a public comment on a review to a seller to be awarded his stars? Or, can we leave the stars without having to leave a public comment? Could it be because he did not leave a public comment? Or, is it necessary to leave a comment to leave a rating? I hope you understand the question, thank you.

• Like 6
  • Up 1

4 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, erikaangelinafu said:

In summary: I have a client who already accepted the delivery of the job, as he is problematic and stingy I asked him that at least to continue working on another order he would rate me with 5 stars this order. He agreed and supposedly "did it", he affirms it to me, he even says "he did it 2 times" which I doubt it is possible, but, I didn't get any rating. He says it "maybe because he didn't comment". (He said he would leave me the 5 stars but no comments). So, my question is: 

Is it necessary to leave a public comment on a review to a seller to be awarded his stars? Or, can we leave the stars without having to leave a public comment? Could it be because he did not leave a public comment? Or, is it necessary to leave a comment to leave a rating? I hope you understand the question, thank you.

To answer your question,
Yes, it is necessary to leave his comment on his review otherwise the buyer won't be able to leave any "Star Rating" on your completed order. He has to add his comments/ his review describing how it was for him working with you! 

and not to answer anything but just to point out, you are not supposed to be discuss ratings and reviews with clients at all and asking for a 5 star review in order to continue working with a problematic client makes it even worse!

• Like 9
  • Up 2

7 hours ago, erikaangelinafu said:

he even says "he did it 2 times"

Buyers are asked to leave two private reviews in addition to the public review (so 3 reviews for each order). The private reviews are the ones that have the most impact on your account (but we as sellers can't see them).

7 hours ago, dardanng said:

you are not supposed to be discuss ratings and reviews with clients at all and asking for a 5 star review

@erikaangelinafu - as @dardanng mentioned, talking about ratings with your buyer, especially asking for stars, is against Fiverr's ToS. You can ask for a review, but you can't ask for a buyer to review you in a specific way (good or bad).

7 hours ago, erikaangelinafu said:

is it necessary to leave a comment to leave a rating?

Yes, to leave a rating on a public review.

However, you should stop talking to your client about his review. Fiverr can give you a warning for having this discussion with your client.

• Like 6
  • Up 1