Should fiverr create a category for selling Food?

I wanted to start selling cookies (primarily chocolate chip for now) and created a gig to do so but discovered that there isn’t a specific category to put it under. So should fiverr add a category for selling Food that can be shipped? Good idea or Bad idea?

Guest celticmoon

Since food (baked goods, prepared foods, etc) are a highly regulated industry in some countries, and extremely unregulated in others, I would be very surprised if Fiverr ever started a food category. And frankly I wouldn’t trust that someone washes their hands after going to the bathroom or keeps a sanitary kitchen, has a refrigerator, freezer and oven that all worked properly and within acceptable temperature ranges, or any of the other factors that lets me trust that what I’m putting in my mouth is safe. I don’t think I’m alone.

I don’t know, I know another online selling site where food is a reasonably popular item, so I’m sure people would be willing to buy it, but it’s not really common enough on Fiverr to offer its own category, in my opinion.

Also, BradleyJHorn, I would recommend specifying in your gig how many cookies you get for $5.

Archived