Do majority of customers want the source file?

labibafairooz15

Hello! I'm new to Fiverr. I've been active for almost a week and haven't received any orders which is why I'm frequently optimising my profile. I wanted to know if offering source files in your gig affects the orders. 

As a graphic designer, I've always been told never to share the source file as the client might take the design and give it to another designer to create similar content at a much lower rate. Can someone please let me know if they've lost customers after refusing the share the source file? What is the situation like on this platform?

TIA

• Like 3

On 6/28/2023 at 9:02 PM, labibafairooz15 said:

Hello! I'm new to Fiverr. I've been active for almost a week and haven't received any orders which is why I'm frequently optimising my profile. I wanted to know if offering source files in your gig affects the orders. 

As a graphic designer, I've always been told never to share the source file as the client might take the design and give it to another designer to create similar content at a much lower rate. Can someone please let me know if they've lost customers after refusing the share the source file? What is the situation like on this platform?

TIA

Most buyers aren't that technical, even they don't know what source files does.

In my case, I provide source, as backup, so maintenance continues. Only original author knows what they built. Others find difficulty while understanding someone's else work.

If buyer is satisfied, won't gonna waste time finding another. If isn't, buyer don't need source to cut off relations.

Every seller license their work differently. Some folks even charge for source files.

I suggest to ignore those rumors. Trust one, who work on fiverr themselves, not misguiding (subRviVe my chnnale) youtubers.

• Like 2

On 6/28/2023 at 7:02 PM, labibafairooz15 said:

As a graphic designer, I've always been told never to share the source file as the client might take the design and give it to another designer to create similar content at a much lower rate.

what should a buyer do without a source file ? 

4 hours ago, cre8iveartwork said:

to create similar content at a much lower rate.

you have 5$ and 10$ gigs.. how much lower rates do you think he can get?

• Like 1