How can I rectify my mistake of engaging in review exchange on Fiverr?

aasma2d

Question

Hi everyone, I'm posting this on behalf of my friend because she's feeling too embarrassed to discuss it herself. I assure you that she feels very guilty about what she has done, and I kindly request you all to be understanding and provide her with good advice.

Here's what she has to say:

Hi, here's my story: I wanted to start working on Fiverr and learned how to set up my profile and gigs. I found out that getting reviews on my gig would help it rank higher. I took some (real) orders from social media on Fiverr, and then someone suggested that I could exchange reviews with others. I was hesitant because it sounded illegal, but they convinced me that Fiverr supported it as it boosted their sales and revenue. I made a mistake and did a few review exchanges (about 3 to 4). Later, I learned it was completely illegal, and I deeply regret my actions. Now I'm worried about losing my account. Should I confess everything to customer support and apologize? I really don't want to lose my account.

Note: Taking responsibility for my actions, I understand that engaging in illegal activities was wrong, even if I was manipulated. I won't repeat the mistake and appreciate any advice you can offer.

• Like 3

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet