Waiting on resources from buyer for an indefinite period of time.

rickokellerman

Question

I sold a GIG to a buyer. I have done quite a bit of work on the the GIG thus far. I'm waiting on the last model file from buyer to complete the GIG. The buyer has "paused the project for an indefinite period of time. It's been more than a month of "pausing". I cant earn any revenue before completing the GIG. What is the best thing to do here?

Can I request partial payment?

• Like 7

2 answers to this question

You can fully cancel the order and he can reorder when he has the file/stuff you need. However this will penalize you for the cancellation and that can mean less work on Fiverr for at least 1-2 months. 

You can refund him and re-send an offer for the partial payment you want. If the buyer agrees to this, then it's fine because even if you refund, when the buyer orders within 14 days of that refund you won't be finalized for the cancellation/refund. But the buyer needs to reorder within 2 weeks at most.

The third option is to wait even more. Other than that I don't see any good or reasonable options.

• Like 8

16 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

You can fully cancel the order and he can reorder when he has the file/stuff you need. However this will penalize you for the cancellation and that can mean less work on Fiverr for at least 1-2 months. 

You can refund him and re-send an offer for the partial payment you want. If the buyer agrees to this, then it's fine because even if you refund, when the buyer orders within 14 days of that refund you won't be finalized for the cancellation/refund. But the buyer needs to reorder within 2 weeks at most.

The third option is to wait even more. Other than that I don't see any good or reasonable options.

Yes, experienced the same. I´ve worked a full weekend and was waiting for more info to complete and the buyer just let me wait. I´ve cancelled and send a new offer with the work I´ve done so far. Missed out on other work etc. But I noticed that responding and completion time is also very important. Some buyers are just never around, and when they are they just want immediate contact and expect delivery as stated how they ordered it. Since there are revisions, I think it´s good to make a version as completed as possible although certain things are missing, which they can add at the revisions if they are interested. So you can eventually complete the full order. As how it should be ofcourse. 

• Like 7