Buyer Asked to Refund When He Happy with My Work

ireshdilan

Hi All,

I have designed a Flash banner for one buyer. He asked me do changes and I did it as he want. He is happy with the final banner which I designed for him. But he still want to report me to Fiverr to refund his USD 5.

In his message he has clearly mentioned that he is happy with the final banner. I don’t really mind to refund his money back to him. But since I spent over 10 hours for him and designed 03 banners in single order I don’t want to do that.

I am not sure whether he will put a bad feedback about me on my gig. So please let me know how to handle this.

Thank you in advance!

Iresh.

Machan,

Best what you can do will be to contact customer support, which you have done already. Be sure to send them a few screenshots of the conversation between the buyer and you, specially the places where he said that he was happy with the design, as proof of what you are saying, Since he has not already left you a feedback, CS will not be able to help you much on the issue at this point. But they will make sure that the order will be finalized and delivery will be confirmed at the correct time. After that if the buyer leaves you a negative feedback, just update the support ticket asking the CS to remove it. They will assist you 🙂

Everything will be fine. Cheers 🙂

Hi All,

I have just noted that Fiverr’s Customer Service team cancelled the order. It’s really unfair because I have designed 03 banners for this buyer and he was really happy with the last one. They haven’t even respond to my message yet. I don’t really worry about $4 but this is not the way…

You should send the buyer a message telling him that because he cancelled the order and took a refund, he no longer legally owns the banner you sent him, none of them (if you sent all versions), and that if he tries to use it, you’ll file a complaint with his service provider that he is breaking the law. Most service providers don’t want troublesome clients and will often cancel their accounts, so be sure to nicely remind him of that, also, in case he’s tempted to use the banner he obviously liked but no longer owns.

Archived