Allow certain gigs with no deadline

I offer training sessions for customers and the gig deadline causes lots of confusion and questions and doesn’t seem to have any relevant use.

I will regularly get an order from a customer and have them request a session for two weeks time, when my gig delivery period is 5 days, for example. Therefore, I am very often requesting extensions from clients.

The simple solution would be to make the delivery time longer, right?

Well, I tried that, and set the delivery time to 30 days. The problem then, is that customers can’t understand why it takes so long when, in fact; I can normally offer a session within a few days. Obviously an unrealistically long delivery period looks less appealing to customers.

Deadlines make a lot of sense for some gigs but I can’t see any value in this case.

Edited by charlsmcfarlane
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, charlsmcfarlane said:

Deadlines make a lot of sense for some gigs but I can’t see any value in this case.

Explain everything in the gig description or gig packages, as much as possible. If it's a 2-week package in the gig name, obviously people expect the deadline to be 2 weeks. Be transparent with customers and it should all be fine./

• Like 2

21 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

Explain everything in the gig description or gig packages, as much as possible. If it's a 2-week package in the gig name, obviously people expect the deadline to be 2 weeks. Be transparent with customers and it should all be fine./

Thanks.

I do, but it seems a little weird to have to explain to customers that they should ignore the deadline that’s been set. It would be a more seamless process if the deadline was only visible if it was necessary.

• Like 1

Are you a Seller Plus Premium member? If yes, you can turn "Request to order" feature on, and then all of your orders would go through custom offers, letting you choose the deadline that suits both you and your client.

Edited by catwriter
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1