Unhappy Customer

kittyclarice

Question

I'm a new seller and I have a situation that I'm not sure how to handle. I believe that I have accurately described my gig and what it includes. The other customers I've had so far have been happy and given me 5-star reviews. After completing the gig as promised the customer says she is underwhelmed with her results and thought it should include a detailed description of how I arrived at my results in the PDF download. She told me she is going to give me a bad review. The service I provide is a very lengthy process and this would be very time-consuming for me. Because of the low price of my gig, I do not currently offer that process in the results or claim to. I would be open to offering this as an extra in the future. Customer satisfaction is extremely important to me and I feel bad she is disappointed, but what she was expecting is not a part of my gig and I feel I delivered what I advertised. I did write back immediately that I'd be happy to do a revision if she's unhappy with the overall results or to answer any specific questions she has about my process. What can I do in this situation? The customer is really asking me for something not offered with her purchase. I'm a new seller and I can't afford the bad review 😕

Edited by kittyclarice
  • Like 7
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

1 answer to this question

I also had a similar experience with a client, where after the project was delivered, he suggested some changes which I offered to make. Instead of continuing the conversation, he accepted the delivery and gave a very bad review, even blaming me for being unable to work. As a result, my gig was affected for a long time. There were a few freelancers that I spoke with about it as they have worked here for quite a while, and they suggested I send my final work with a watermark to the client before delivery so that he can see if it meets his requirements and then make any changes if needed. I believe that this is the best way to avoid receiving a bad review, which might affect your gig going forward if you do not do so.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1