I'm going on vacation, what's the best thing to do with a gig?

carrotymusic

Question

Hello 🙂 A question for experienced sellers who have done something similar. For the first time in 2 years of working on Fiverr, I am going on vacation... What is the best way to do with a gig so as not to lose my ranking?? Mark yourself unavailable for 10 days or just increase the delivery time?? What do you think ? 🙂 

• Like 13
  • Insightful 1

7 answers to this question

Setting your profile to vacation mode will affect your visibility somewhat, but whenever I've been unavailable, I've had orders again within a day or two (the recent mass slump aside). If you set vacation mode, you need to select whether or not new buyers can message you, as any new messages still need to be responded to within 24 hours. 

The other option is extending your delivery time. This way, you'll still be visible, and orders can come in, but this isn't a holiday because you'll be dealing with clients. There's also a chance that someone could order and then decide they're not willing to wait for two weeks to get their delivery, resulting in a cancellation. 

Another option is getting Seller Plus premium for the request-to-order feature. I cancelled my seller plus a month or so back, but I'm away for a week this month, so I've signed back up temporarily solely for the request-to-order feature. $39 is probably worth it to stay visible and get order requests, and I'm not travelling for fun, so still being available to deal with work is no biggie. And no, I am not being paid by Fiverr to plug Seller Plus. 🙂

All that said, it's important to have holidays and completely switch off.

• Like 11
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, carrotymusic said:

Mark yourself unavailable for 10 days or just increase the delivery time??

I would personally go with extending delivery times. 

However, if you don't want to open the Fiverr app or your PC to reply to clients, just set yourself unavailable until you come back. It will take a while to pick up, but it seems the ideal option. In the end it's up to you, there's no good or bad option here.

• Like 10
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, leannelrivers said:

Setting your profile to vacation mode will affect your visibility somewhat, but whenever I've been unavailable, I've had orders again within a day or two (the recent mass slump aside). If you set vacation mode, you need to select whether or not new buyers can message you, as any new messages still need to be responded to within 24 hours. 

The other option is extending your delivery time. This way, you'll still be visible, and orders can come in, but this isn't a holiday because you'll be dealing with clients. There's also a chance that someone could order and then decide they're not willing to wait for two weeks to get their delivery, resulting in a cancellation. 

Another option is getting Seller Plus premium for the request-to-order feature. I cancelled my seller plus a month or so back, but I'm away for a week this month, so I've signed back up temporarily solely for the request-to-order feature. $39 is probably worth it to stay visible and get order requests, and I'm not travelling for fun, so still being available to deal with work is no biggie. And no, I am not being paid by Fiverr to plug Seller Plus. 🙂

All that said, it's important to have holidays and completely switch off.

This is a good idea… I have seller plus… so I will increase the delivery time and do request an order. Thanks for the advice 🙏 appreciate it 😊

• Like 10

Has anyone made any experience with the updated availability feature?

We've listened to your feedback and optimized the Set Availability feature. Now, if you're unavailable on Fiverr, that doesn't necessarily mean your visibility will be negatively affected.

Will being away affect my service ranking?
Thanks to the new improvements, the out of office feature doesn't necessarily impact your service ranking. However, if you are absent for more than 30 days in a 120-day period, your service ranking may be affected.

• Like 4

If you're heading out on vacation and wondering what to do with your gig, it's all about planning. First, if you can put something on hold, like freelance work or a side hustle, it might be worth pausing things to enjoy your time away fully. If not, you could schedule some tasks beforehand or even delegate a bit if that's an option. Also, make sure you’ve got everything sorted so you’re not stressed about it while you’re supposed to be relaxing. And if you’re planning to travel, you might want to check out some fantastic European destinations. Some great deals are out there, especially on sites like https://travelbusinessclass.com/best-deals/region/europe . That way, you can focus more on enjoying your trip and less on work.

Edited by caballywh
  • Like 1