How do I dispute a cancellation?

markmckay495

Question

I had an order from a buyer.  I delivered the requested item, and the buyer seemed happy with it.  However, I had specified two milestones for it and the buyer decided they only wanted the first milestone and did not want to continue to the second.  I had not started work on the second at that point.  Anyhow, the client then decided to cancel the order so they wouldn't be charged for the second milestone.  The order now seems to be cancelled and I did not receive a payment. 

What can I do?  Both the client and I agreed to the payment and I completed the work on the first milestone.  Is there a way to uncancel this order?

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

8 answers to this question

Here are the steps on how to dispute a cancellation in Fiverr:

1. Go to your Orders page.
  2. Select the order that you want to dispute.
  3. Click on Resolution Center.
  4. Click on Dispute.
  5. Select the reason for your dispute.
  6. Provide evidence to support your claim.
  7. Click on Submit.

Fiverr will review your dispute and will notify you of their decision within 10 business days.

Here are some of the reasons why you can dispute a cancellation:

• The seller did not deliver the promised service.
  • The seller delivered a low-quality service.
  • The seller did not respond to your messages.
  • The seller was rude or unprofessional.

If your dispute is successful, you will be refunded the full amount of your order.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

I have gone to the dispute resolution center, but there is no option to dispute.  It just says the order was cancelled.  There is a note saying

1st milestone cancelled

We had to cancel the 1st milestone and stop the order. Milestones are automatically canceled if you don't respond within two days. We refunded yamli5 for the canceled milestone.

However, I did not receive any notifications or email about this and was not asked to respond.  Is there any way to reopen this?
  • Like 12

3 hours ago, markmckay495 said:

I had an order from a buyer.  I delivered the requested item, and the buyer seemed happy with it.  However, I had specified two milestones for it and the buyer decided they only wanted the first milestone and did not want to continue to the second.  I had not started work on the second at that point.  Anyhow, the client then decided to cancel the order so they wouldn't be charged for the second milestone.  The order now seems to be cancelled and I did not receive a payment. 

What can I do?  Both the client and I agreed to the payment and I completed the work on the first milestone.  Is there a way to uncancel this order?

2 hours ago, markmckay495 said:

I have gone to the dispute resolution center, but there is no option to dispute.  It just says the order was cancelled.  There is a note saying

However, I did not receive any notifications or email about this and was not asked to respond.  Is there any way to reopen this?

2 hours ago, ferdousit said:

Here are the steps on how to dispute a cancellation in Fiverr:

1. Go to your Orders page.
  2. Select the order that you want to dispute.
  3. Click on Resolution Center.
  4. Click on Dispute.
  5. Select the reason for your dispute.
  6. Provide evidence to support your claim.
  7. Click on Submit.

Fiverr will review your dispute and will notify you of their decision within 10 business days.

Here are some of the reasons why you can dispute a cancellation:

• The seller did not deliver the promised service.
  • The seller delivered a low-quality service.
  • The seller did not respond to your messages.
  • The seller was rude or unprofessional.

If your dispute is successful, you will be refunded the full amount of your order.

Really Great   

• Like 10

Yes, I did not resolve the dispute within the two day time limit because I did not realize there was a time limit, I did not realize I needed to dispute it, and I thought that my client had already started the disputation process and so I didn't need to do anything further.  There is no option to dispute this in the Resolution Center.  What can I do now?

• Like 11

Hello @markmckay495

I have opened a new ticket for you. Please explain everything in detail to our Customer Support.

Thank you. 

• Like 10
  • Up 3