How can I receive an email address from a client

turkovic1

My gig is offering to do bookkeeping on Quickbooks online. The client needs to send my his username which is his email. I have no intention of going direct to the client. I need to login to his QB’s account and need his email to do so…Any ideas?

That is a violation of the Terms of Service here on Fiverr. There really isn’t a way of asking for it without risking Fiverr finding out and potentially shutting you down. You can ask for it via the messages or the order messages, and they can send it to you. But there is a risk Fiverr will find out.

You can do it, then if they find out you can plead your case and they may let you off with a warning or something. Admittedly you could do it and nothing will happen. But it’s a risk.

Contact customer support and ask them how they want you to handle this. There are allowed situations when you can obtain contact information from buyers in order to complete your gig. Since this situation isn’t specifically addressed in the terms of service, you should get permission from Fiverr through CS to obtain and use the email addresses.

Agreed with above. I have a gig that requires I use a certain Video Messaging Service as part of the gig. I obviously have no intentions on screwing Fiverr in any way, but it’s really the best way of completing said gig. After reading the forums I did message CS and informed them about it as well as try and get “Permission.” I have yet to hear back.

I also add an Asterisk to the bottom of any message that requires I give or receive personal info…Something like:

***NOTE FOR FIVERR STAFF - I am only exchanging info with GIGBUYER123 in order to film his part of the Gig. ABSOLUTELY NO other information will be shared.

Anywho…That’s my 500 cents…

There are a ton of business card gigs that require personal information including e-mail. I do data entry into google docs and that kind of thing. But I do not use any information other than for the purpose of performing the service. From what I’ve read as long as it’s for the purpose of performing the job and not for contacting outside of Fiverr you should be fine. It would be great if Fiverr would clarify this information though.

Reply to @msilkworth:

msilkworth said: It would be great if Fiverr would clarify this information though.
Totally agree! And because they don't, I'm leery of telling people "Oh, sure, it's fine. Other people do it!".

They ONLY address shipping information in their Terms of Service. But I know from reading the forums that other members have used personal info to complete gigs and many of them said they'd informed Fiverr first. I think that if you already did that - notified Fiverr of your intent - you will probably be fine. If you can get an actual response, though, you'd be safe if anyone complains about you to Fiverr in the future.

Archived