I need your help fellow sellers.

powerjinglesnl

Question

Hi guys, 
Let me do a small introduction. 
My name is Mano and I am working under the name PowerjinglesNL. 

I started in 2015 on Fiverr with a couple of gigs in the audio area everything went fine but suddenly my dad who was my best friend had the awful news that he had cancer. 
Shortly after the sad news he passed away, it broke me as he was not only my dad but also my best friend.

When he passed away I got a big depression and without thinking to put my Fiverr gig on pause I ignored everything around me including my Fiverr gigs.
What happened is that a lot of customers ordered gigs and I never saw the orders as my focus wasn't here anymore.

After picking myself up and getting out of this depression I returned to Fiverr and started picking up my gigs again after seeing all the negative feedback that the buyer ( me ) wasn't responsive I removed all my gigs and just started fresh again being set back to a level nothing. ( Now back on level 2 )

I started with what I originally started with creating 5-dollar gigs and delivering more for less just to make sure I became in the picture again and this worked out, in about a month or two I got 45 orders and all 5-star reviews which is great of course but now I am wondering, when is the right time to upgrade from my 5 dollar gigs, I do get bigger custom orders but my main gig is still a 5-dollar gig, I changed the prices a little bit now, but I am wondering if I did right with doing so. 

So I would like to hear some of your troughs about this matter. What would you do? And did I do well upgrading after getting 45, 5-star reviews or did I have to wait? 

Looking forward to your feedback. 
Much love,

Mano. - PowerjinglesNL

• Like 11

2 answers to this question

Hi there.

When I start my journey 5 years ago.., I didn't start with $5. (even though fellow new seller offer $5)

I look for my main TRS competitor and offer my gigs with $20 (New seller)

As long as you are great with your services, people will recognize you and will make an order.

• Like 11

HI @powerjinglesnl, sorry to hear about your dad! 

I think you've done an amazing job at picking yourself up after such a devastating loss and rebuilding your business on Fiverr. I don't think you needed to delete any of your previous gigs since your negative reviews are still on your account, but it looks like you are doing well!

I started on Fiverr with really low prices and gradually increased my prices at 5, 10, 15, and 20 orders. So I don't see a problem with you increasing your prices, especially if you continue to get orders. Price yourself based on the quality of your services and make sure that your profile and gig quality are also of the highest caliber. There are buyers at every price point, and I find that the quality of buyers generally increases at the higher price points.

• Like 11
  • Up 2