Cross-populate content between Order chat and Inbox

I work with many buyers who will not respond to messages within the order chat but will respond in the main inbox. As a result, I find myself copying messages I've sent, into the main inbox. It's inelegant and a little annoying.

I do want to keep order-related conversations with the rest of the order information and correspondence. Please make it so messages sent in the order chat will populate in the inbox also. Perhaps tag it as being related to an order and have a link to reply to that message, which takes them to the relevant spot in the order chat. 

Thanks

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It seems logical to get all conversations into one space, but I guess it could get confusing depending on how much general chat their is between or perhaps on different tasks/jobs/project work?   As a new Buyer to the platform, I have had some pre-Order contact with a potential seller, and then the actual Order conversation is separated.  If these were combined then it could get messy... but it could also help if items were discussed earlier that didn't get covered in the Brief Write up?   

I think a simple method could be to have an option-button on the Inbox page which activates to show all communications across the 2 users in chronological order.  The system could colour code each communication type based on topics/work-project. Such as, general Inbox, Project1, Project2, Project3, etc. This could allow some overall context for timing and resource issues if you're working on multiple items together.  You would get a sequence of date/time and the continuity between different conversations.  Perhaps the option to activate all comms view, could also have a simple menu which allows multiple tick selection of the various conversations (coloured) being presented on the page (eg. turn off Project2 as it is a closed matter, all other comms would show in order).  A small header could be placed along the right side of the comms text with the project name for that comment and any special link buttons to get back to that Order page or to make reply so that it's linked to that Order.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
On 6/17/2023 at 3:39 PM, almostfauxreal said:

I actually think this is a very good idea. I also noticed that some of my buyers tell me that they weren't able to find the chat for the order and then text me via the messenger. Maybe it's just a UI/UX thing to fix to make it more obvious, I don't know.

Thanks. I have this issue all the time. I think it would be a pretty simple fix. I think a tagging system would work well. Almost like quoting in the forum?

On 6/18/2023 at 2:41 AM, kram_mark said:

It seems logical to get all conversations into one space, but I guess it could get confusing depending on how much general chat their is between or perhaps on different tasks/jobs/project work?   As a new Buyer to the platform, I have had some pre-Order contact with a potential seller, and then the actual Order conversation is separated.  If these were combined then it could get messy... but it could also help if items were discussed earlier that didn't get covered in the Brief Write up?   

I think a simple method could be to have an option-button on the Inbox page which activates to show all communications across the 2 users in chronological order.  The system could colour code each communication type based on topics/work-project. Such as, general Inbox, Project1, Project2, Project3, etc. This could allow some overall context for timing and resource issues if you're working on multiple items together.  You would get a sequence of date/time and the continuity between different conversations.  Perhaps the option to activate all comms view, could also have a simple menu which allows multiple tick selection of the various conversations (coloured) being presented on the page (eg. turn off Project2 as it is a closed matter, all other comms would show in order).  A small header could be placed along the right side of the comms text with the project name for that comment and any special link buttons to get back to that Order page or to make reply so that it's linked to that Order.

great idea. I’m not sure what the solution is but there is definitely an issue with it. It’s really common that buyers have no idea I’ve messaged them, simply because it was done in the order chat.

• Like 4