How to turn off Fiverr talk back

mobarak_k

Question

24 answers to this question

On 6/17/2023 at 8:34 PM, mobarak_k said:

From today all of

6 hours ago, usama_khan18 said:

I have also this issue. I don't know what is the problem.

6 hours ago, usama_khan18 said:

I have also this issue. I don't know what is the problem.

a sudden fiverr talkback option is turned on automatically for me,  When I click anywhere on fiver I hear a talkback sound.  I want to turn it off but can't find any option.

Help me please

Yeah, I have the same problem 

• Like 29
  • Thanks 2

This problem now exists in Australia. I tried restarting my machine but it still returned.

At some point I managed to turn it off by accident. I'm hoping it doesn't return again.

Edited by mrastle
typo
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 3

I found the solution!

If you use Ctrl+V to paste text, Fiverr automatically turns the screen reader on. You can turn it off again by using Ctrl+V to paste again.

This is still very annoying and I hope they fix it soon. I have reported the problem to support. Please report the problem too if you're having this issue.

(Note: I use a Dvorak keyboard so, on the physical keyboard the keystrokes are Ctrl+. [i.e. a period mark/full stop] for me. I don't know if it's different if you're using a Qwerty.)

Edited by mrastle
larger font
  • Like 19

On Chrome, Fiverr is playing a voice and highlighting everything in yellow. Driving me crazy.

This is only happening with Fiverr and no other website in Chrome. It happens everywhere on Fiverr and reads everything it highlights in the messaging area and my gig orders. I looked at my Chrome extensions and found nothing, but again, as mentioned, it only happens with Fiverr. 

Does anyone know how to turn this off?

fiverr2.jpg

fiverr1.png

• Like 15
  • Up 2

Oh, I can help you guys. I had the same issue a while ago and it drove me crazy. Here's what you need to do, with screenshots.

Go at the bottom of the page and press the Accessibility button

image.jpeg.ca4b0c8d4870d713e329582b1fa90919.jpeg

And then you have to disable the screen reader option. You press on it a few times, so it shows exactly as it appears here. And then it's done, you can refresh the page and there won't be any problems anymore. I think some key combination enables it by mistake. 

image.jpeg.2495dc72aee05a893d7a22c956898329.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Alex.M said:

yes it seems to be working haha 😄 I have no idea how did I got there though 

Imagine my case. I had to figure this out on my own. A LOT of trial and error. I even reset Chrome to default and it was doing the same. So eventually I figured out is was from Fiverr. Browsed through all options and eventually discovered this. 

• Like 10
  • Up 2

There was another topic about this around 3 months ago but I can't seem to find it now.

Do you type using a Dvorak keyboard?

If so, then Ctrl+V on a Dvorak is the same as Ctrl+. on a Qwerty. But Fiverr uses Ctrl+. to turn their screen reader on. Consequently, whenever Dvorak typists use the paste command Ctrl+V on Fiverr, the screen reader automatically turns on due to some kind of background conflict.

I first reported this problem to Fiverr around 5 months ago. If you are also still having this problem, please report it to them also and explain what I just said above.

I agree it is very annoying. I've recently suggested that Fiverr implement a way to permanently disable the screen reader.

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, mrastle said:

I agree it is very annoying. I've recently suggested that Fiverr implement a way to permanently disable the screen reader.

There is, if you check above I attached screenshots. You just have to disable it from the accessibility options. I am pretty sure Fiverr is forced to add some accessibility options to the site and as we work within Chrome, we can end up activating them by mistake. But it's a very easy fix, as you can see from the steps I've shown above.

• Like 11