Big changes to Fiverr from next week: Canceled orders can be given reviews

We cancel the order only if we have a disagreement with buyers, sometimes buyers get their refund through CS... this does not seem fair. A cancelled order leads to a 1 star review for sure.  This does not seem fair. I put a lot of efforts into a project and then it gets cancelled with 1 star review. So I lose both reputation and money

• Like 3

Hi everyone, yesterday I got this email about fiverr updates, and there is an important note about review system which all sellers and buyers needs to know: "Canceled orders can be given reviews" :) What do you think about this change?

"

Reviews are an effective way to both gather feedback from existing customers and establish trust with potential customers. We are writing to let youknow that, in an effort to increase its accuracy, we are making some changes to our review system.
Starting next week, buyers will be able to leave reviews for canceled orders in which a delivery was received and/or orders that involve lateness or unresponsiveness. 

We understand that cancellations can be frustrating for sellers, but it is important to provide buyers the opportunity to share their experiences in order to build more transparency within our community. Of course, this option won’t be available for orders that were made by mistake.
Following this change, we will decrease the rating score threshold for all levels from 4.7 to 4.2 in order to help sellers maintain their rating levels.
We believe that this update will promote trust on our platform and yield long-term benefits for both buyers and sellers, especially those who provide quality user experiences.
Click here to learn more about this upcoming change, and don’t hesitate to contact our customer support team with any questions or concerns. 
Thank you for your continued support."

• Like 7