Five's updated canceled order policy where buyers can leave reviews on canceled orders as well

brandk

Question

Hi there, I just received an important update notification. Expecting an explanation from the experts on this matter. In the upcoming update, buyers will be able to review any canceled order. Buyers can give a review after 14 days after order cancellation if order cancellation involved lateness and unresponsiveness.

1- The first question is - only if the order is canceled on these 2 criteria can the buyer give feedback on the canceled order like lateness and unresponsiveness.? Can the buyer give feedback if the order is canceled outside of these 2 reasons?

2- Excluding first-time buyers is said here. My second question is - who is meant by the first-time buyer? Those who are my first-time buyers of individual sellers or first-time buyers of the marketplace?

I am expecting an explanation from the experts

rer.png

Edited by brandk
  • Like 7

11 answers to this question

There's an official announcement on the forum too, it was published yesterday. 

55 minutes ago, brandk said:

only if the order is canceled on these 2 criteria can the buyer give feedback on the canceled order like lateness and unresponsiveness.? Can the buyer give feedback if the order is canceled outside of these 2 reasons?

Any buyer that ordered at least once on the platform is able to leave a review if the order is canceled. I am not sure if they can leave a review if they disliked the work quality, but I am pretty sure they can, if they cancel. 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, brandk said:

Hi there, I just received an important update notification. Expecting an explanation from the experts on this matter. In the upcoming update, buyers will be able to review any canceled order. Buyers can give a review after 14 days after order cancellation if order cancellation involved lateness and unresponsiveness.

1- The first question is - only if the order is canceled on these 2 criteria can the buyer give feedback on the canceled order like lateness and unresponsiveness.? Can the buyer give feedback if the order is canceled outside of these 2 reasons?

2- Excluding first-time buyers is said here. My second question is - who is meant by the first-time buyer? Those who are my first-time buyers of individual sellers or first-time buyers of the marketplace?

I am expecting an explanation from the experts

rer.png

2 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

Any buyer that ordered at least once on the platform is able to leave a review if the order is canceled. I am not sure if they can leave a review if they disliked the work quality, but I am pretty sure they can, if they cancel. 

I read the "Reviews and ratings" page several times.... these new options seem made to encourage sellers to communicate more with their customers and not delay orders...

and if order will be cancelled with reason "made by mistake" the buyer can not leave review... 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, venonusa said:

and if order will be cancelled with reason "made by mistake" the buyer can not leave review... 

That's IF the buyer cancels themselves. Once there is a delivery on the order, then a buyer (unless they are a first time buyer to Fiverr) will be able to leave a review on the canceled order. 

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

That's IF the buyer cancels themselves. Once there is a delivery on the order, then a buyer (unless they are a first time buyer to Fiverr) will be able to leave a review on the canceled order. 

Yep!

However I see this new option made to increase the communication between buyer and seller so as to increase happy people compared to now.

Edited by venonusa
  • Like 6
  • Up 1

7 minutes ago, venonusa said:

However I see this new option made to increase the communication between buyer and seller so as to increase happy people compared to now.

True. But that also leaves room for unscrupulous buyers to abuse the system. They can threaten sellers with a bad review if they don't agree to a lower price, or many other things. After all, if the order is delivered, a buyer can easily write any review they want and that will be permanently on your account. Which is extremely bad, hence the reason a lot of people are unhappy.

Sure, bad sellers will suffer, but along with them good sellers will end up affected too.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

They can threaten sellers with a bad review if they don't agree to a lower price, or many other things.

I see Fiverr reformulated other things regarding threats, negative reviews, discount, upgrades , etc

So, in that case Fiverr should remove the feedback

Screen Shot 2023-06-15 at 11.07.26 AM.png

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, venonusa said:

I see Fiverr reformulated other things regarding threats, negative reviews, discount, upgrades , etc

That text is for sellers "solicit reviews from buyers in exchange for refunds, etc". Some sellers were doing this, and now they won't 🙂

• Like 4
  • Up 1

"Starting next week, buyers will be able to leave reviews for canceled orders in which a delivery was received and/or orders that involve lateness or unresponsiveness." 

Does this mean unresponsiveness on the part of the seller?

I'm sure that I'm not the only person on Fiverr who has had people order the $5 gig and then don't provide the full needed details...and the buyer never replies back.   I currently have TWO right now.   One where the buyer never entered in the details (so its still not started/incomplete) after 3 days.   And the other the buyer has not replied back since they initially purchased the gig.

After days of sending messages trying to communicate, I was forced to enter disputes/cancel them.   

It sounds like under the new Fiverr policy that these people can now leave negative reviews because I canceled their orders? 
(when it was the buyer who never replied back!!) 

2023-06-15_135623.jpg

• Like 5