Looks like one or more details in your Form W-9 couldn't be verified

crayolexllc

Question

To register as a seller, I submitted a W-9 yesterday. My LLC is registered under my name, but I file taxes under my own name. Obviously, I received an email today saying, "Looks like one or more details in your Form W-9 couldn't be verified. Please go to your profile settings and verify the information provided."

I did that, and I used my social security number. After double-checking, all the other information is accurate, and it matches all the exact information on my 2022 W-9 form. Nevertheless, I just received another email stating that it couldn't be verified. I opened a support ticket, but what else do I need to do?

Thanks.

• Like 13

4 answers to this question

Hi CrayolexLLC,

Same thing keeps happening to me.  Unfortunately, there is no Fiverr support--it's contracted out to Zendesk.  I opened a ticket two weeks ago, and a new Zendesk person gives me the same canned response each time I add to the ticket.  I stopped at the W-9 form, and applied for an EIN (irs.gov--super easy, and immediate, and protects your SSN).  After getting my EIN and downloading the official letter from the IRS, I filled out the Fiverr W-9 form information exactly as it is on my IRS letter, but got the Fiverr email that it could not be verified.   I called the IRS, and they confirmed my EIN was active in their system; the agent said the problem was on Fiverr's end.  After attempting to "correct" my Fiverr W-9 numerous times (as advised by support), the same thing keeps happening--see image.  I am not able to click "next", and support just keeps telling me it shows as incomplete.   Nice feedback loop caused by Fiverr's system.

The only thing we can do is ask recent new sellers here  how they worked around this.  I've only seen W-9 problems posts from a few years ago, nothing recent.  A post from 2021 said to simply click the "not a US person" box, publish their gig, then go back and complete the W-9.  I think doing this would probably cause the gig to get paused by Fiverr anyway.   

Anybody?  

Fiverr W-9 Issue.jpg

• Like 11

@crayolexllc  ditto, I am having same issue today, I could have made your same post verbatim; i file taxes as myself but have an LLC; my issue is still open, but someone here in this thread said his same issue has been open for 2 weeks?!!  so, wondering if I should just register as myself and bypass registering as an LLC. 

• Like 10