Now buyers can give review on cancelled orders!

Recently i received notifications that buyers now can give reviews on cancelled orders as well! 

Fiverr marketplace is supposed to be fair for both buyers as well as sellers if an order is getting cancelled its sellers loss of time, money, and ranking. Whereas buyer dont lose anything as he gets their money back and now they will damage the rating of a seller as well. 

I think fiverr is taking it too far if you want buyers to give review sellers should get payment for that order as well. as all the damage is on the seller and none of it on fiverr or buyer.

What are your thoughts on this?

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

And They talk about this "We believe in maintaining a reliable review system that benefits both buyers and sellers" 🤣

Now buyers will abuse to the seller and if even we cancel the order, again we will have to face negative review

Edited by shayaan499
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, shayaan499 said:

And They talk about this "We believe in maintaining a reliable review system that benefits both buyers and sellers" 🤣

Now buyers will abuse to the seller and if even we cancel the order, again we will have to face negative review

Yes this decision should be reverse or there should be an option if they want to give review they will need to pay seller money of the order.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2023 at 9:21 AM, graphica555 said:

As a member of Fiverr, we are not happy with this update that buyers can also give reviews to canceled orders. Being a seller we already face issues . fiverr not doing fair with sellers.

yes we should get paid if they are damaging our ratings

• Like 4

2 hours ago, shubhamdahale said:

yes we should get paid if they are damaging our ratings

You can avoid canceling and instead you get paid and receive a review. Fiverr wants to stop people from trying to curate their ratings and cancel orders when they are not happy.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

I've had several occasions where people didn't contact me beforehand and my schedule was already too full, yet they expected a given product in a very short amount of time leading to order cancellations. This is just one of many things that can happen.

Beeing on fiverr for about 4 years now, it often feels like Fiverr is becoming more and more extremely anti-seller-friendly. With the given feature, it will most likely cause a drastic increase in seller exploitation. I've had this happen before on finished orders also, and Fiverr Support never changes or does something about bad reviews. You simply get penalized.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, nicolas_koerner said:

With the given feature

The feature was canceled, for now. 

31 minutes ago, nicolas_koerner said:

Fiverr is becoming more and more extremely anti-seller-friendly.

Generally these things are meant to stop sellers that try to game the system. A lot of sellers choose to manipulate the system and cancel orders, leaving buyers unhappy and without any work on a deadline. Obviously those sellers don't care, but the buyers have a negative experience and don't come back to Fiverr. So that's what Fiverr tries to prevent.  As long as Fiverr protects sellers that did good work and whose buyers try to manipulate them, it should be good honestly.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

• 2 months later...