Seller with 35 Identical reviews from same user

bradleystone

Noone can answer you, really.

If this seller had a long and complex job to do with his buyer, many gigs could be fair; please consider also that new sellers don’t have extras nor can sell more than one gig at once.

In the end: each seller had his beginning… and for someone has been hard, for others easy… everyone must have his opportunity I think…

So, write him, give him your specs and ask if he can deliver this gig for you; if you like his past jobs, give him a chance… what you have to lose? 🙂

Got to say the same as @mark74 . Newbie sellers do not have the facility to sell gig extras, since they tend to sell several from the same gig to get the required payment (including me). So there is nothing suspicious about having the same feedback from the same buyer for all of his orders.

bradleystone said: should I trust this guy?

None can answer that question as trust depends on several factors. May be he is a genuine seller who did a genuine job for a genuine buyer, vise versa he also can be a fake seller who just got some feedback from a friend of him, in order to have a good feedback score. Better check with him first if he is capable of doing your job as you require. If you are attentive enough, you will be able to realize his type just passing several messages :)

Thought you’re talking about me 😃 I had a client who bought 101 gigs and left me 15 reviews with exact same feedback. Just copy/paste.

Now, let’s get serious. If that seller have feedback from many other buyers, you can trust him. But if all feedback’s are from only one buyer… well… you might be right not trusting him.

I disagree, @wordpressguru_ . This seller did a $175 order for someone who was pleased enough with the job that he actually left a review on each gig! I think that says a lot! I do see your point, of course. Technically, the seller has only been reviewed by ONE person. @mark74’s response sums it up: no one can really say one way or another how trustworthy and good this seller really is, but I wouldn’t ignore those 35 good reviews.

For a small job, I think it’s well worth the chance.

Honestly, as long as they are legitimate reviews this would make me trust them more to instill that much confidence from one buyer and just starting off. I know some may do it for levels, but for those level 2 sellers like that, I would be pretty confident as long as I felt those were multiple individual orders from the buyer for the sole reason of buying from the seller if it’s that good. It’s really hard to say though, honestly.

Reply to @celticmoon: this seller did a “$175 order” for someone who “left a review on each gig”. Too many variables in one sentence.

The probability that this “level 0/1 seller” made his first sale of $175 is near to zero. I would love to see a seller with his first sale bigger than $50. It’s about buyer’s trust in seller’s capabilities.

OP didn’t specified if the seller is/was Level 1 or Level 0.

OP didn’t said if all reviews are on one gig or on all seller’s gigs.

And yes, I agree with @mark74.

Reply to @wordpressguru_:

wordpressguru_ said: OP didn't specified if the seller is/was Level 1 or Level 0.
You're right. But why would a level 1 or 2 seller make a buyer purchase 35 single gigs & not utilize gig extras?

wordpressguru_ said: OP didn't said if all reviews are on one gig or on all seller's gigs
Yes, this buyer could have an extremely limited vocabulary, and never varies his words as he makes 35 different purchases from up to 20 gigs. Maybe all his reviews everywhere on Fiverr say exactly the same thing.

Perhaps you've never heard of instances of buyers making a small initial purchase before deciding to make a large one, to establish the seller's ability, reliability and creativity. That happens to new, unleveled sellers as well as more established, higher leveled sellers, and that seems as likely an explanation as the seller being a scammer who isn't savvy enough to pretend to leave 35 different reviews on his gigs.

I hope that's not too many variables. ;-)

Reply to @celticmoon:

celticmoon said: why would a level 1 or 2 seller make a buyer purchase 35 single gigs & not utilize gig extras?

Sometimes it is happening to me too. Because of buyer's lack of knowledge about how to create an order with multiple gigs or to use gig extras. However, that might happen with 2-3 orders from same buyer. If the buyer have to buy more gigs, I always instruct him/her about how to create a multiple gigs order.

celticmoon said: Perhaps you've never heard of instances of buyers making a small initial purchase before deciding to make a large one, to establish the seller's ability, reliability and creativity.

Again, its happening to me too. I had a buyer who initially created an order of 5 gigs, just to test my capabilities, then when he saw my work, he continued with blocks of 8 gigs (multiple gigs order).

Hey @celticmoon, I don't say that you are wrong. But are you sure that I'm wrong?

Reply to @wordpressguru_: No, not at all. Since neither of us knows any more than what was in the OP, we’re both just making suppositions. I was further discussing this from a couple of the points you made in response to my comment.

But now I suppose we’re just beating a dead horse since this is becoming an old post~

Archived