Does sending delivery date extension affect stats?

shahedb2

Hello there,
In a recent custom order. I mistakenly sent the wrong delivery date. And after the buyer accepted the offer, I sent an extension of 9 days as per our discussion.
Will it affect my profile?

Thank you for your time.

• Like 4
  • Congrats! 1

4 hours ago, rabiulr said:

No worries, Contact with customer support team they will give you instraction

Stop with the customer support. OP asked for some help from us. You don't have to go to customer support and waste their time with meaningless questions.

5 hours ago, shahedb2 said:

And after the buyer accepted the offer, I sent an extension of 9 days as per our discussion.

Fiverr doesn't specifically say if extensions have a negative impact. Based on my experience on the platform, I would say no. Repeated extensions might be an issue since they can disturb a buyer, but a one time thing, I doubt that.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

Stop with the customer support. OP asked for some help from us. You don't have to go to customer support and waste their time with meaningless questions.

Fiverr doesn't specifically say if extensions have a negative impact. Based on my experience on the platform, I would say no. Repeated extensions might be an issue since they can disturb a buyer, but a one time thing, I doubt that.

Extensions seems to be a feature that is at the discretion or agreement between the seller and buyer. So far there is an agreement between both parties, you should be fine.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, webdev_haven said:

So far there is an agreement between both parties, you should be fine.

Pretty sure they were asking if there are any algorithm penalties if you extend. And that we don't know. But I did see in my own experience that after an extension is accepted, I receive less orders or messages, at least for a little while. So there might be a penalty, there might be none.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, donnovan86 said:

Pretty sure they were asking if there are any algorithm penalties if you extend. And that we don't know. But I did see in my own experience that after an extension is accepted, I receive less orders or messages, at least for a little while. So there might be a penalty, there might be none.

Hmm...better to get the timeline right from the get-go then. And deliver on time.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, webdev_haven said:

And deliver on time.

Exactly. You never know how these things end up affecting your account. I don't think it brings any long term damage. But I can imagine Fiverr ranking people that don't request extensions a little better than those which tend to request extra time. Not that would be a problem, but with these algorithms being so complex.. we can only assume even the simplest things can bring some impact.

• Like 7

I never had any issues with slumps after extensions. I deal with many repeat buyers, which could play a part in this. But in my experience, the occasional extension won't affect you. With that said, it can annoy the buyer leading to less favorable private feedback, and hurt you that way. So it's best to avoid it, just from a satisfaction standpoint. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 6

Don't worry, based on my experience, the occasional extension won't have a significant impact on you. However, it's essential to consider the buyer's satisfaction. So, it's generally best to avoid them. Happy customers lead to better outcomes overall!

Also, I think both parties agree on it, it won't affect you at all. and if by any chance it did, contacting support will help you with that.

• Like 3