The "Select" & "Business" buyers.... who are they!!! LETS UNCOVER

taimoorkhan425

Question

Dear fellows! Good morning or evening or night where ever you are. When you look at the sky in the darkest night, when clouds are gone to their in-laws for a while, you will see many shining stars. Every one of you would think or imagine in your own unique way, but, one thing that has always been there is the shine/glitter of each star. Like all fingers are not same, all the stars are not the same too. Some are very bright, some are just bright, some of them are struggling.

We at Fiverr (buyer or seller) are never the same - just like stars. WE ARE STARS at least. But here, we would be talking about the SHINY STARS in the BUYERS. Yes, the buyers wearing that full of confidence decent and inspiring badges - SELECT/BUSINESS. We, the sellers, actually know very well, "Who they really are". Because we have been working with them.

I personally worked with the SELECT buyers (2 of them) and trust me - somehow I always decided to stay away from these buyers forever. Just recently, I worked with a SELECT buyer to recruit a manager/expert for his company. Do you know what 'HUMILIATION' is? These folks will explain it to you practically. It takes 8-14 days to recruit, require extreme attention to details, requires scheduling, recorded interviews, making reports. And there were 5 revisions from this buyer + Humiliation + aggression.

Am I the only one deserving all this? share your stories and tell me WHO THEY ARE and CAN THEY BE MONITORED by Fiverr?

Note: Not all stars shine the same, not all fingers are equal.

• Like 18
  • Sad 1

7 answers to this question

I am really sorry to hear that. But my stories are totally different from you. I work with at least 10 of the selected - business buyers and they were really good. I really enjoyed working with them and some of them are now my permanent buyers as well. 

• Like 13

23 hours ago, taimoorkhan425 said:

Yes, the buyers wearing that full of confidence decent and inspiring badges - SELECT/BUSINESS. We, the sellers, actually know very well, "Who they really are". Because we have been working with them.

You do know that the Fiverr Select and Fiverr Business badges have nothing to do with the quality of the buyer, right?

The Fiverr Select badge means that the buyer has spent $500 on the platform and they have a cool crown. The Fiverr Business badge means that the buyer signed up for a Fiverr Business account. That's it. There's nothing special about them. The badges are only to make them feel good about themselves so that they can keep being loyal buyers on the platform.

The best way to tell if your Fiverr Select or Fiverr Business buyer is a good buyer is through their communications in the inbox chats. If they are demanding, coming to you because they've placed orders with multiple sellers (and they all failed), and are already asking you to do "special steps" outside of your normal process, steer away from them. If they respect you, your services, and pricing, have good communication, aren't making unreasonable demands, then they may work out good for you.

These buyers are no different from any other buyer coming to you without these badges. There will be both good and bad buyers. So protect yourself and don't rely on the badges to guide your decision-making process.

• Like 15
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 2