Its safe to give my credentials?

alejoaguirre3a

Question

I am requesting a Website build in goggle sites. I already create and purchases my domain. On my request to get this job done i received a request from the fiverr user that for  Domain integration is necessary that i share my password (And to integrate domain I would need the access)

Is this something that require to really share my password? please advise thank you  

• Like 11

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, alejoaguirre3a said:

I am requesting a Website build in goggle sites. I already create and purchases my domain. On my request to get this job done i received a request from the fiverr user that for  Domain integration is necessary that i share my password (And to integrate domain I would need the access)

Is this something that require to really share my password? please advise thank you  

you are requesting that job, so if you don't want give your credential to do that job will be impossible doing...  Now it's up to you to decide whether to trust the seller or not...

• Like 9

I'm unsure how you expect the seller to access the required systems and provide the service you purchased without it. But you should always guard against scammers and vet your sellers before you order, i.e., check their feedback, reviews, and standing on Fiverr. Ordering from seasoned pros and top-rated sellers can mitigate much of this risk, as Fiverr manually vets us to a much higher degree than other sellers. You get what you pay for. Sometimes, that trust comes with an added price tag, but it's well worth it. 

Beyond that, I recommend that you always set up separate accounts, if possible, for this type of thing, never giving anyone more access than they genuinely need. In this case, the user needs to access a system to edit your domain config, and that sounds like a reasonable ask. However, if you can, setting up a separate account (like Google offers for many of their services) that is not a root/admin user can mitigate the risk further. 

If you do have to share a password, change it when the task is completed. 

And when you do have to share sensitive information, always do it inside the order page. That way, you have a track record of all information shared tied into that order in case of any misuse. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 8
  • Up 3

All reputed service providers such as Google , Fiverr ... requires otp verification ( 2 step verification ) if you try to login via different device.  

It is required to share access with developer for such tasks , make sure you change it as soon as the task is complete 

• Like 8