Insane amounts of spam messages, is it normal?

janne_lindqvist

I published a gig today for translation work and I have gotten already around 10 messages (within a span of few hours). Most of them get automatically flagged as spam, and follow the scheme of trying to me to add them on Telegram (most definitely a scam). However, those are obviously detectable but there are also some that seem like they could be legitimate (a message that says "hello" or something similar -but replying to those also seems to be a waste of time).

Is the amount of spam really the norm here?

• Like 7

@janne_lindqvist Lots of sellers get these spam messages on Fiverr. I don't think someone is doing this. I guess these messages come from Fiverr.. I don't know how, However, I've seen this and done a little research before I started Fiverr. I think this is from the Fiverr system! This will not harm your response rate, Fiverr blocks lots of messages like these!😁

• Like 6

Yes, horrible. Constantly recivieing spam. 
Seems most account is made "this" month (are new), and they just keep spamming without Fiverr doing anything about it other than flag it as spam.

Veeeeery annoying and unproffesional, to a point where Im starting to look for other sites and list my gigs.

• Like 7

On 6/8/2023 at 4:14 AM, hey_webdesign said:

I don't think someone is doing this. I guess these messages come from Fiverr.. I don't know how, However, I've seen this and done a little research before I started Fiverr. I think this is from the Fiverr system! This will not harm your response rate, Fiverr blocks lots of messages like these!😁

Could you elaborate, please? Are you thinking that Fiverr is the one sending spam messages? Why would they then block them right away? I might be misunderstanding you, so I'd love to know what you're thinking!

On 6/7/2023 at 1:58 PM, janne_lindqvist said:

Is the amount of spam really the norm here?

It really wasn't THIS bad up until a while back, I think. I hate making new gigs because 10-15 minutes later, the spam starts (I'm assuming it's either bots of actual people), creating accounts and just messaging everything that pops up as new. 

I really hope it'll go back to 'normal' (which means spam, but not this bad) sometime soon...

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Up 1