Badly needed Option to set the chat to right-to-left.

I've been here for several years now, have done quite many jobs, and the single most disruptive issue to working well with clients on the platform when use of Hebrew language is needed (or, for that matter, Arabic, I'm sure) is that the chat is completely garbled. 

It is highly inconvenient to "chat" with clients only via attached word documents, only because the chat doesn't support right to left communication.
I do Hebrew editing
and chatting with clients this way looks like the most unprofessional thing imaginable.

It is also time consuming

It means any English word in the chat needs to be set in a new line so the text is comprehensible.
I am also truly amazed that a company made in Israel will not prioritize this (I'm Israeli myself though partly educated abroad...) 
I alerted support about it years ago and they said all they could do was pass it on. 

Is there anyone else who cares about how unprofessional and basic an issue this is for anyone who needs to communicate in Hebrew or Arabic or any right-to-left language?

I would very much appreciate as a seller if this request would be taken seriously and would love to hear if there is a change in that respect,

Thanks for reading this,
Tomer Rosen Grace
Translator and editor Hebrew-German-English.

• Like 5

I can certainly see how this would be annoying. I think it's part of a bigger issue of accessibility on Fiverr. It's clearly not prioritized. I just spoke to a visually impaired woman yesterday. She has major difficulties using Fiverr because it's not accessible using tools for the visually impaired. 

• Like 5

On 6/5/2023 at 10:33 AM, tomerrose said:

Is there anyone else who cares about how unprofessional and basic an issue this is for anyone who needs to communicate in Hebrew or Arabic or any right-to-left language?

I am sure it is frustrating. Perhaps even though Fiverr is based in Israel, they certainly realize that the concentration of business is in the English speaking countries? That may explain their lack of formatting for languages other than English. I have several regular clients in Israel, and most of the time they have formatted their Word documents for English, but occasionally forget. That takes 2 clicks in Word to fix, but with chat I'm sure you are stuck.  

The TOS has plenty of mentions such as:

image.png.f8a63a3a0788507cf9633d301faa9f5d.png 

Fiverr is also 8 years behind in giving us dark mode. 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 2