id got disabled after opening the link?

alifarhad376

Hello guys,

I am a level 2 seller providing services as full stack web developer. 

so this morning, I woke up as usual to some new messages from clients. one of the clients sent me a standard figma link, which I was supposed to open and check website design.  I was browsing fiverr on my android app?

since I was lazy, instead of copying the link, I opened the link in-app via the in-app browser of fiverr. the link got opened correctly, and it asked me to login to google to see the desings. 

I logged into figma using my google account, but it did not show the UI, so I got back to client and told him that I could not see the UI. 

and that is the last message.

right after that, I got email from fiverr that my id was disabled due to breaking TOS. like what?? 

so I emailed to fiverr contact, and they told me my account is under review and this happened because I engaged in some actions that are not allowed by fiverr T&C, and now they are asking me to wait up to 60 days. but if this took 60 days, and even I got my id back, all my gigs would be dead. 

personally, I believe that this happened because I opened the link in-app, somehow it got flagged for that? 

has something like this happened to somebody else else ? how can I get fiverr to fix this without waiting for 60 days? 

please help. I am feeling helpless here.

regards,

Ali

link.png

Edited by alifarhad376
typo
  • Like 6
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, alifarhad376 said:

personally, I believe that this happened because I opened the link in-app, somehow it got flagged for that? 

Or because you logged into your Google account to try to view the file, if that shared your email address with the buyer. Sharing personal contact information isn't allowed. (I'm just guessing here, I don't know what's the real reason)

By the way, it shouldn't be necessary to log into your Google account to view a Figma file. The owner of the file could have set it to be visible to anyone with the link.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, catwriter said:

Or because you logged into your Google account to try to view the file, if that shared your email address with the buyer. Sharing personal contact information isn't allowed.

If you couldn't do that, I would be turning around clients left and right. A LOT of people send google drives that demand you sign in. Never had a problem with that. Fiverr can't enforce that or it will make the system give buyers a lot of friction, and they don't want that.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, visualstudios said:

A LOT of people send google drives that demand you sign in.

I ask them to make it public, so I could see it without logging in.

3 hours ago, visualstudios said:

Never had a problem with that.

Pro sellers are allowed certain things that the rest of us mortals are not. 🙂

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, catwriter said:

Or because you logged into your Google account to try to view the file, if that shared your email address with the buyer. Sharing personal contact information isn't allowed. (I'm just guessing here, I don't know what's the real reason)

By the way, it shouldn't be necessary to log into your Google account to view a Figma file. The owner of the file could have set it to be visible to anyone with the link.

I have never opened links directly in the fiverr app before. I would copy the msg containing link and open it in chrome or something. I am barely saying this could be reason because it happened instantly after I opened the link, and I did not know the figma link was private. some project files are marked as private so when you open figma link, they ask you to login to figma. this is standard practice and not something malicious. 

anyway, when I contacted support, I was told that my account was restricted but I would still be able to withdraw my available balance as shown in the image attached.

so today, when all my pending balance got cleared, and I attempted to withrdraw, I found out that the withdraw button is blocked. again screenshot is attached. 

do you guys really think this is fair process ? I was banned out of the blue, and they failed to communicate the explict reason and told me to wait up to 60 days. this would effectively destory my business, even if I got my account back. on top of that, now I am blocked from my hard earned money despite CS support assurance that all my funds are safe and avilable for withdraw. 

I have opened a seperate ticket for this withdrawl issue. I hope I won't get templated reply, and someone would actually come and help me for once. 

if somebody reading this can help, please come forward, as these pending funds are crucial for my survival. paying bills and what not. 

thanks for taking your time. 

regards,

Ali

withdraw.png

blocked.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hi everyone,

I wanted to share some good news - despite my account being under review, Fiverr's excellent support team has helped me successfully withdraw my previously blocked funds. I'm grateful for their assistance.

I should clarify that my ID was flagged not due to a link, but because I unintentionally accepted an order related to a school project, which is not allowed on Fiverr. While the buyer only mentioned school once, I admit that I missed that detail. I have taken responsibility for this mistake and hope that it won't affect my ability to resume work soon.

Once again, thank you to Fiverr's support team for helping me through this situation, and I will provide any updates as soon as I hear back from them.

Best regards,
Ali

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 6/3/2023 at 8:41 AM, alifarhad376 said:

standard figma link,

I think it's a new way of creating problems here.

Yesterday, I had a potential buyer, who wanted me to use his Figma link to get access to the translation content. 

I never open anything outside Fiverr, and as soon as I asked him to send everything in chat, he disappeared. 

I remember that about a year ago, there was an attack, when sellers opened links, and their profiles were immediately hacked.

Edited by vovkaslovesnyy
  • Like 5
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1