Trying To Benefit From Fiverr Seller Plus

looseink

I've been a Fiverr Seller for several years. I've only come back in the past year to concentrate on rebuilding my freelance business here. I had some health issues that took me away for a period of time. I have completed almost 900 orders here in the time I've been a member. I just joined Seller Plus thinking it could help kickstart my freelance business. 

I've rebuilt six of my gigs, used the keyword tool and other tips to try to maximize what I'm doing here. Sadly, a month before I signed up for Seller Plus a buyer ordered two orders from me, but apparently did so by mistake and cancelled them on me. That bumped me down to a Level 1 Seller. I understand this happens, but I feel I'm getting penalized for a mistake I had nothing to do with. But that's beside the point.

Is Seller Plus a good tool? Does it help someone further their freelance career?

I'm sort of kicking tires here to see if I'm heading in the right direction. I don't expect to be flooded with orders in a week or two, but has it made any difference for anyone here?

Thanks!

• Like 32
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, looseink said:

but apparently did so by mistake and cancelled them on me. That bumped me down to a Level 1 Seller.

You can go to customer support, let them know the buyer ordered by mistake and I am pretty sure they will remove the penalty. Now it's too late unfortunately, since you already deranked to level 1.. But keep it in mind for the future. 

As for Seller Plus.. decisions are split. Some people like it, others not really. If you're an experienced seller, you already know most of the info you get from the success manager. Those tools like the keyword tool are nice, but not mandatory. So it's up to you, if your freelance business covers the cost of SP and you find use for those tools, it's worthwhile. 

• Like 19
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Good to "see" you @looseink!

Seller Plus is great for newer sellers and sellers like you who want to get their profile and gigs rolling again. I used it for quite a while and benefited greatly from having a seller plus manager. The request-to-order feature is good for avoiding new buyers ordering by mistake. I did learn a lot. I had two great managers, and it was nice to have that personal go-to. But I stopped paying for it about a month ago. It had run its course for me and was no longer worth the monthly fee only to have a seller plus manager I could email sometimes. Just my opinion.

• Like 19
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, looseink said:

Is Seller Plus a good tool? Does it help someone further their freelance career?

Good to see you on here again. I did not have much luck with seller plus. I don't know if the person was a little inexperienced or what? I got conflicting information and did not see any bump in my gigs when I changed them to his specifications. I paid out more for the service than I had in returns from buyers. It might be different for you though. You could try it like I did and if it doesn't help, you can always cancel.

• Like 11
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, looseink said:

I had an excellent Seller Plus Manager. I believe it was because of his guidance and my implementation of what he said that I became a TRS shortly after joining Seller Plus. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

On 6/3/2023 at 5:56 AM, looseink said:

I've been a Fiverr Seller for several years. I've only come back in the past year to concentrate on rebuilding my freelance business here. I had some health issues that took me away for a period of time. I have completed almost 900 orders here in the time I've been a member. I just joined Seller Plus thinking it could help kickstart my freelance business. 

I've rebuilt six of my gigs, used the keyword tool and other tips to try to maximize what I'm doing here. Sadly, a month before I signed up for Seller Plus a buyer ordered two orders from me, but apparently did so by mistake and cancelled them on me. That bumped me down to a Level 1 Seller. I understand this happens, but I feel I'm getting penalized for a mistake I had nothing to do with. But that's beside the point.

I'm sort of kicking tires here to see if I'm heading in the right direction. I don't expect to be flooded with orders in a week or two, but has it made any difference for anyone here?

Thanks!

I see your all gigs are new with low no. of sales

Where are older ones ?

New gigs are hard to rank. Better go with ones, that made you 680 reviews.

Edited by grayprogrammerz
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• 1st, Welcome back. 💕

• 2ND, I have seller plus premium and I love the hack out of it! It gives me so much more insight into things and opens up a world to reward my buyers by sending them coupons on their next order so that I generate more returning customers. Yes, I love it, I love it, and I can recommend it to anyone eligible for it. 
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, samcaff said:

Does joining seller plus increase the likelihood of getting orders alone? I wonder if Fiverr boost your listing because you are paying the subscription?

I do not feel Seller Plus members have their listings boosted. The advantage of Seller Pus is having a manager who will advise you on improving your profile and gigs to the point where you will get more orders. Plus, you can access many tools, such as top keywords, keyword research, and coupons, to get repeat business. 

• Like 7
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vickiespencer said:

I do not feel Seller Plus members have their listings boosted. The advantage of Seller Pus is having a manager who will advise you on improving your profile and gigs to the point where you will get more orders. Plus, you can access many tools, such as top keywords, keyword research, and coupons, to get repeat business. 

Why do you 'not feel' Seller Plus members have their listings boosted? Is there any evidence?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, samcaff said:

Why do you 'not feel' Seller Plus members have their listings boosted? Is there any evidence?

What about this: I've been a member since the beginning, I have Premium, and my sales are much lower than they usually were over the past few years. Seller Plus is there for guidance and assistance, you have access to a few features that do come in handy. I do find some of those things necessary, but is it going to make or break your Fiverr tenure? Not really, no.

23 minutes ago, seo_stuff said:

can anyone tell me if I cancel the seller plus subscription? what will happen then? I know it will affect my account. I want to confirm that my account will no longer exist. 😁

It won't. You just won't have access to any of those tools or the ability to check in with the success manager. They won't delist gigs, derank or whatever you might think. You won't pay for that service anymore. That's all. 

Edited by donnovan86
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, seo_stuff said:

can anyone tell me if I cancel the seller plus subscription? what will happen then? I know it will affect my account. I want to confirm that my account will no longer exist. 😁

When I lost Seller Plus, the only downside I saw was an increase in cancelations because I no longer had the Request to Order feature.

Also, when I wanted to get back onto Seller Plus, I had to be placed on a waiting list for about a month. In order to get the Premium membership, I had to pay both the Standard fee of $19 and the Premium fee of $29 (~$50):

image.thumb.png.0d25e9270fd76bc1e05783a1b41f103e.png

I was very lucky they gave me back my $29/mo rate. I was prepared to pay the $39/mo rate. 

• Like 7
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

What about this: I've been a member since the beginning, I have Premium, and my sales are much lower than they usually were over the past few years. Seller Plus is there for guidance and assistance, you have access to a few features that do come in handy. I do find some of those things necessary, but is it going to make or break your Fiverr tenure? Not really, no.

It won't. You just won't have access to any of those tools or the ability to check in with the success manager. They won't delist gigs, derank or whatever you might think. You won't pay for that service anymore. That's all. 

7 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

To add.. No one here knows how the algorithms work apart from the devs. If I were running the company, giving a boost to sellers who pay for the subscription would be on the cards. It signals that paying for the subscription alone = better chances of more work. Again, no one can prove this but it would make sense from a business perspective. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

Alright, if I still want to continue my subscription, how do I make payments, even though I don't have any orders for the past 2-3 months? 

Edited by seo_stuff
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, seo_stuff said:

Alright, if I still want to continue my subscription, how do I make payments, even though I don't have any orders for the past 2-3 months? 

Well I am pretty sure you can add your credit card so they take the money automatically. Then again, you could cancel if you don't have any income from Fiverr. That would be totally up to you.

• Like 7
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, samcaff said:

If I were running the company, giving a boost to sellers who pay for the subscription would be on the cards.

You would not be a CEO. That's not how it works. Everyone would categorize Fiverr as a pay to win company. And Fiverr doesn't want to be known for that. Instead, it offers equal opportunities to every person. And those that are good and which keep customers happy get consistent sales. Why would Fiverr take $20 for Seller Plus and provide more exposure to someone that delivers low quality work?

8 hours ago, samcaff said:

Again, no one can prove this but it would make sense from a business perspective. 

People that want access to some of the features will pay $20 for it anyway. So most people that want it already have it. Offering that ranking benefit.. it wouldn't be fair and a lot of talent would leave. And that's coming from someone that had seller plus since the beginning, I was in the first 200 people..

• Like 6
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

You would not be a CEO. That's not how it works. Everyone would categorize Fiverr as a pay to win company. And Fiverr doesn't want to be known for that. Instead, it offers equal opportunities to every person. And those that are good and which keep customers happy get consistent sales. Why would Fiverr take $20 for Seller Plus and provide more exposure to someone that delivers low quality work?

People that want access to some of the features will pay $20 for it anyway. So most people that want it already have it. Offering that ranking benefit.. it wouldn't be fair and a lot of talent would leave. And that's coming from someone that had seller plus since the beginning, I was in the first 200 people..

Good and fair points. 'Why would Fiverr take $20 for Seller Plus and provide more exposure to someone that delivers low quality work?' Again, we don't know how the algorithm works. If a seller is rated low and they pay for seller plus, it might be that the low rating is put as priority, meaning that their listing may not be boosted from joining seller plus. The point I'm making is Fiverr is a business and the idea is to make as much money for the investors as possible, since its a public company. I'm not talking a massive boost here either, maybe even a small percent so that it wouldn't be obvious. Then you state 'equal opportunities for everyone' it's already not equal by putting a $20 entry price to seller plus which can intern help gigs perform better. $20 maybe a lot to some sellers. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, samcaff said:

I'm not talking a massive boost here either, maybe even a small percent so that it wouldn't be obvious.

This entire thing would generate a LOT of backlash and it wouldn't be worth the effort. Fiverr already has MANY avenues for earning, from seller plus to the ad service, faster withdrawals, etc. 

Paying to be ranked higher would be a huge disadvantage and it's unfair to people that can't afford it. There's a reason why they didn't remove $5 gigs yet, leaving its branding aside (which can change very easily), they want to have lots of talent on the website. If you turn this into a "pay to win" website, a lot of talent will lose. I am pretty sure a huge amount of gigs don't generate any revenue, so I doubt making those people pay for exposure will help.

The algorithm has its hidden things, but the buyer satisfaction rate is what matters. If the satisfaction rate is low, then that means you are doing a bad job, so why should they rank you higher? As long as you focus on delivering quality, value and great results to clients, Fiverr promotes you high in search. Deliver low quality work, and they push you back. So the system is working, allowing low quality workers to pay for exposure would just lead to a LOT of issues and cancellations. In fact, promoted gigs removes access if you have problems.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

So, since I've now been bumped down to New Seller status I've cancelled my Seller Plus subscription for now. I won't lie about it, but this is a tad frustrating that all of this has happened due to a buyer sending me two orders by accident then cancelling them almost immediately. I have been in contact with the buyer who has been helpful and in contact with customer service. 

It's okay. I'll get over it. It'll just take a little more time to rebuild here than I planned on. It is what it is. 

On the upside, it is Friday.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 6/17/2023 at 3:53 AM, looseink said:

So, since I've now been bumped down to New Seller status I've cancelled my Seller Plus subscription for now.

It's very disappointing! 

If you don't mind, could you tell me when you chose the seller plus subscription? After a few weeks, did you see any impact on your profile? I've already canceled my seller plus subscription. I want to know what the next step Fiverr will take?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1