If you could block buyers from buying from you, would you?

steveeyes

ARS always makes me feel as if I’m being held hostage. It is amazing how when I’m working on a gig, buyers respond to my message to help complete the project. But once the project is completed, they disappear.

I get the feeling they do not reply because they want to keep open their rating options as long as they can in case they have some new demands OR they are a buyer who buys your product and sales it to another – and want to find out if their buyer has any changes.

FIVERR NEEDS TO PUT A STOP TO THIS

1. First, there needs to be a time limit on when a client can give or change their feedback. Two weeks is fair. If they can’t decide in two weeks how to rate the product than they are holding you hostage. I hate it when I read on the forum that someone just got rated on a gig that is over a month old. THAT IS FREAKING WRONG AND FIVERR NEEDS TO PROTECT THEIR SELLERS BETTER.

2. Once the time limit for feedback is in place, sellers won’t have any fear of rejecting work form previous clients. I have some great repeat clients but there are some I wish would go away. I know every time I deal with them there is a risk that any previous work they rated as 5 stars or thumbs up could be changed in a heart beat if I don’t do what they ask. In other words, I’M A FOREVER HOSTAGE BECAUSE FIVERR ALLOWS BUYERS’ MANIPULATION OF SELLERS TO GO ON INDEFINITELY.

My own personal feelings and experience regarding this issue really doesn’t have much to do with the ARS. But yes, there are definitely a few handfuls of people I’d block from contacting me and ordering my gig in a heartbeat, regardless of the rating system. These are the ones who will not coherently or properly communicate, leaving me to try and read their foggy minds; send me way more work than what they’ve paid for, assuming I’m some kind of non-profit charity I suppose; instruct me to perform services that are clearly disclaimed in my gig description as something that I do not offer; get pushy and rude over delivery time, though they absolutely won’t pay for my express gig extra; and try their best to weasel free services out of me.

Because these obnoxious buyers don’t do anything so flat-out crazy that I would have to immediately cancel the gig or head to Customer Support for help, I grit my teeth and deal with them in the most polite and friendly way possible (though in my head, I’m shaking them like a snow globe and wondering just how they’ve made it this far in life). But if given the option, I’d wash my hands of those particular buyers and be glad to never work with them again or see another notification that they’ve contact me.

Oh yeah, and this morning, I got a new order for my editing/proofreading gig. I checked out the order page, expecting the buyer to have uploaded a file to be edited, like normal. Nope! Instead, I see this message:

"Send pic of your feet. Will pay more for more pics. Thx babe."

The order was canceled, but really? REALLY?? That’s someone I’d add to my block list in an instant. I don’t know what made me more annoyed: that someone had placed an order for something that had nothing to do with my services and, for some crazy reason, figured that I would be okay with that or the fact that some fool halfway around the world who doesn’t even know me called me babe and wanted to see my feet. Umm, no – I have more degrees than you have feet, sir, and what that means (among other things) is that you don’t call me babe. No way. What the heck is wrong with people? Ugh!

What I wouldn’t have given for a blocking function at that moment!

• 5 months later...

I’m a new seller on Fiverr, and my interactions with my 1st two buyers is crazy.

I wish i could some how show you my interactions with them.

1at dude claimed to be a disabled veteran, multimillionaire, head of ceo of a corporation, a movie was being made on his life, he also just founded a charity with his father, he kept saying it was my lucky day and if i wanted to change the world. he kept on hounding me to complete the gig even though he just bought it a few mins before & i had three days to complete. he kept on threatened to report me to the authorities b/c i was violating the Americans with Disabilities Act and he wanted to have a sit down with the founders of Fiverr or he would take his business elsewhere. I apologize i know i’m rambling, i feel i needed to vent. Happy Holidays!

Archived