Veteran Sellers - What's Your Longest Dry Spell?

matthewthom

Question

Hi everyone. I've been selling on Fiverr since 2017. I'm a top-rated seller (and have been for at least 1-2 years), my current metrics are all 100% or 5.0 with the exception of one (which is at 95%). Despite all of that, I'm going into week 4 of not one order or request for a quote! I've had dry spells before, and I've come to expect them, but not for this long. 

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit worried. Even if just for the sake of commiserating, what's the longest you've gone without any order activity? 

• Like 13

7 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, matthewthom said:

Hi everyone. I've been selling on Fiverr since 2017. I'm a top-rated seller (and have been for at least 1-2 years), my current metrics are all 100% or 5.0 with the exception of one (which is at 95%). Despite all of that, I'm going into week 4 of not one order or request for a quote! I've had dry spells before, and I've come to expect them, but not for this long. 

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit worried. Even if just for the sake of commiserating, what's the longest you've gone without any order activity? 

3 months... 3 months with no new orders, only received orders from past customers.

Edited by venonusa
  • Like 12

37 minutes ago, matthewthom said:

what's the longest you've gone without any order activity? 

2-3 months (2021). I didn't get any new messages or orders during that period. I did get a few orders from my returning buyers. My earnings had dropped by 92%. My success manager had told me that it was due to several reasons, one of them being negative private feedback. I worked on my gigs and communication, and eventually things got back to normal.

Edited by rahulkajla1
  • Like 15

28 minutes ago, matthewthom said:

About a week at worst. But Im lucky to be in a language niche with less competition, so that might be why. Anyway, I know dry spells can be rough, but they are completely normal. If you have seller plus, you could reach out to your success manager for advice. Perhaps one or more of your buyers left negative private reviews? 

Out of curiosity, is it just new buyers who have stopped contacting you, or regular buyers as well? 

This is why building long-term relationships with clients is so important. Not to mention, not keeping all your eggs in one basket and build multiple revenue streams. It's all about being resilient. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 13

On 5/31/2023 at 5:33 PM, smashradio said:

Out of curiosity, is it just new buyers who have stopped contacting you, or regular buyers as well? 

Thanks for your response! Both, however, I did have a former buyer contact me today! 

I do resume / cover letter writing and while I do have repeat buyers, if I do my job well enough, they don't usually have to use my service repeatedly if they were able to land their targeted position 🙂 I would say I have more success with referrals (i.e. a previous buyer refers me to a friend/family member) 

Hopefully, the downturn reverses soon. 

• Like 7

On 5/31/2023 at 5:33 PM, smashradio said:

Yes, only new buyers had stopped contacting us... Regular buyers had continue bought from us. 
The problem is that Fiverr remove gigs from search results... so, it is almost impossible to receive new order from new clients since your gigs is not visible to anyone...

• Like 8

"Hey fellow Fiverr sellers! Share your experiences and insights on overcoming dry spells, exploring new niches, refining your Gig offerings, and utilizing social media or Fiverr promotions to stay resilient and attract new clients. Let's learn from each other's journeys!"

• Like 6