Fiverr illustrator is using free images from internet

Hi, I hired an illustrator for my children's picture book but found that the sample she shared to me has car related images straight downloaded from internet. with 5 mins research I found those images from internet and sent to her. I asked her to create new ones as I dont want to use those. She said she will fix it, but I am losing confidence in her. Any suggestions about what should I do? I dont want my first book to be ruined by those free images. I did not sign up for that. Also, that is a violation of terms of conditions on Fiverr as far as I know. I did not pay $$$$ for this kind of work.

Edited by pmpprofessional
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, pmpprofessional said:

Hi, I hired an illustrator for my children's picture book but found that the sample she shared to me has car related images straight downloaded from internet. with 5 mins research I found those images from internet and sent to her. I asked her to create new ones as I dont want to use those. She said she will fix it, but I am losing confidence in her. Any suggestions about what should I do? I dont want my first book to be ruined by those free images. I did not sign up for that. Also, that is a violation of terms of conditions on Fiverr as far as I know. I did not pay $$$$ for this kind of work.

Hi @pmpprofessional

Just cancel the order and search for a good and honest illustrator. It will save you time and headaches.

• Like 7
  • Up 1

18 minutes ago, michellemagdy said:

I think the price not including  purchase a genuine images

No matter what, as an graphician you should create unique work on your own. I can also call myself an illustrator without any talent in this field just by grabbing random images from the internet and sharing them as my own.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

On 5/26/2023 at 5:30 PM, donnovan86 said:

No matter what, as an graphician you should create unique work on your own. I can also call myself an illustrator without any talent in this field just by grabbing random images from the internet and sharing them as my own.

Hahaha I had never heard the word "graphician" before but it means exactly what you said, and I love that because I just learned a new word for the type of work I do. 

Aside from that, yes this happens a lot on Fiverr sadly, you need to do really good audits of the work of Illustrators to get a good one. As suggested before, it is best to cancel the order if you are not confident in their abilities and find an illustrator that is right for the sort of work that you are looking for. Keep in mind that lower prices will very often mean bad quality work or similar cases to this. A good page rate for a children's book is from $60-$150 depending on whether it's a full-page illustration or only character illustrations. Keep that in mind when you're looking for new illustrators. If you see anyone offering you $5 full-page illustrations there is a high chance that you will not like what you receive. 

Lastly, take a look at this thread where a bunch of other illustrators (including myself) have posted some wonderful work and perhaps you can find someone that you like there. Because they are voluntarily sharing their art you will find that all of the ones on this thread create their own work from scratch and you don't have to worry about such things. 

• Like 4