does fiverr support disabled people to earn money?

discover_india

Support individually, no. Enable as a platform where anyone can have a chance if they have the talent, drive, and motivation to overcome? ABSOLUTELY. As long as you put in the work, to learn, discern, and improve, as well as the work to run a business. 

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/195132-celebrating-fiverr’s-10th-anniversary-success-on-my-life-circumstances/

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/228373-community-leader-fahim-ul-karim-passed-away/

^ An inspiration. 

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/301238-working-on-fiverr-with-chronic-illness/

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/298805-a-day-in-the-life-of-a-freelancer-with-anxiety/

Edited by imagination7413
  • Like 18
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I humble Request to Fiverr do a special favor for people with disabilities

Afew years ago I had an accident in which I fractured my leg which made it very difficult for me to walk. After learning enough good skills I wanted to sell it on Fiverr, I'm trying to find a job that works.

Do you are agree with me?

Thanks

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, alirazamusla said:

After learning enough good skills I wanted to sell it on Fiverr

Well what's stopping you?

There are sellers with disabilities on Fiverr, and they didn't need any special favors to start selling.

• Like 9
  • Confused 1
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, alirazamusla said:

I fractured my leg which made it very difficult for me to walk.

I am getting older day by day. I have arthritis in my hands, and my knees are not as reliable as they once were. Still, I work on Fiverr and would not dream of asking them to give me any special treatment as a seller.

5 hours ago, alirazamusla said:

After learning enough good skills I wanted to sell it on Fiverr, I'm trying to find a job that works.

What are your "good skills"? 

• Like 11
  • Confused 1
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, alirazamusla said:

A few years ago I had an accident in which I fractured my leg which made it very difficult for me to walk. After learning enough good skills I wanted to sell it on Fiverr, I'm trying to find a job that works.

Do you are agree with me?

Thanks

Hi! As someone who has suffered in the past from a relatively long-term illness that rendered both physical and mental exertion varyingly difficult — thank the Lord it has since passed — I can fully understand your concerns. Especially from the spoon theory perspective. 🥄 I remember one day when I couldn't even bring myself to do anything besides completely "check out" in front of a del Toro film, and other days when I would sleep an alarmingly high number of hours.

I can see how there might be improvements that could be made to the site for people who suffer from chronic illnesses or disabilities. A number of metrics are built around the capacity of able individuals for very tight responsiveness, which could be loosened for folks who otherwise struggle in that regard. Also depending on the severity of the condition, improved accessibility as a whole might be a worthwhile consideration.

Were there any specific recommendations you had in mind?

• Like 11
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, themarineiguana said:

Also depending on the severity of the condition, improved accessibility as a whole might be a worthwhile consideration.

Fiverr does have accessibility issues. I don't think it really considers accessibility in the design of its site and features (for those with disabilities and chronic illness).

One thing that I'd like to see, that would benefit all sellers, is a real out-of-office feature. Currently, the out-of-office feature only prevents someone who has never contacted you, from contacting you. This is pointless because anyone who has ever contacted you (even someone who messaged you once, 10 months ago) can contact you when you are spending planned time off for a hospital visit or downtime (and you have to respond or you get dinged).

I don't think anyone who is responsibly managing their time should be penalized. If you are out-of-office, you should be able to set an out-of-office message stating when you will be available again. Success Managers have this feature, so I don't know why sellers don't have it as well. That message should be sent to anyone who tries to contact you and can count as an on-time response.

I humble Request to Fiverr do a special favor for people with disabilities..

11 hours ago, smashradio said:

I'm sorry you broke your leg, but that doesn't entitle you to any special treatment. 

47 minutes ago, mrxajid said:

And don't ask for favor or any help like someone pity on you

I really think the OP should have used "reasonable accommodation" instead of "special favor." No one with chronic illness or disability wants pity or special favors/treatment. They do want reasonable accommodations, which I think, Fiverr can consider.

13 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

Well you can sell on Fiverr, no one is stopping you.

I think this is really wonderful! Fiverr allows people of all abilities and conditions to sell on Fiverr. We have sellers dealing with all kinds of challenges including visual or hearing impairment, social anxiety, speech impediments, physical disabilities, or other mental/health conditions that make it really difficult for them to work otherwise.

• Like 8
  • Up 7
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, vickieito said:

or other mental/health conditions that make it really difficult for them to work otherwise.

Yes, and buyers don't really care as long as you get the job done. So working here is ideal when compared to any other place/site.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

Well you can sell on Fiverr, no one is stopping you. There's no need for any favor, just create a gig and start selling.

Yes i have created a gigs on it but i'm not getting client there... And if I get a client, I work a lot on quality work and timely delivery, so you can go to my profile and check if there are two or four reviews.

• Like 9
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, alirazamusla said:

you can go to my profile and check if there are two or four reviews.

You have 8 good reviews. 😊 Keep up the good work! The first 10 reviews seem like they take forever, even the first 20. I think I started getting more consistent orders after I had 20 reviews.

• Like 10
  • Up 1

5 hours ago, lalitsdmittal said:

You can sell your services on fiverr, Client needs Quality and timely work.

Yes i have created a gigs on it but i'm not getting client there... And if I get a client, I work a lot on quality work and timely delivery, so you can go to my profile and check if there are two or four reviews.

3 hours ago, vickieito said:

You have 8 good reviews. 😊 Keep up the good work! The first 10 reviews seem like they take forever, even the first 20. I think I started getting more consistent orders after I had 20 reviews.

Thank you 😐

Yes I am trying my best even if I get a message from a client there is a 90 percent chance that they will give me the order but the problem is that I am not getting the message.

13 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

I am getting older day by day. I have arthritis in my hands, and my knees are not as reliable as they once were. Still, I work on Fiverr and would not dream of asking them to give me any special treatment as a seller.

What are your "good skills"? 

Amazon VA, Shopify Designer and Wordpress Developer

• Like 7
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm honestly not trying to be insensitive, but I don't see how having difficulties walking could impact Fiverr freelance work. Nothing here involves physical activity of any kind. Well, unless you sell dance videos or similar.

4 hours ago, vickieito said:

Fiverr does have accessibility issues.

Such as not putting quality captions on any of their videos.

• Like 8
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot see any circumstance in which anyone ought to be getting special favors on a freelance site. The buyer is the client; they are the ones we need to satisfy.

The only relevant point is can we do the work our clients require, and can we perform it expediently and well? Fiverr is not a nanny (thank goodness). It's a facilitator. If there were some kind of special terms for people with disabilities, those disabilities would need defining and suddenly, everyone would say they have one whenever they hit a problem. 🙂 Then we'd also have people saying, "My partner is having an affair. I can't concentrate. Shouldn't Fiverr offer special terms to people whose spouses have been utter scumbags?" Where would it stop?

Freelance work is the same as any other type, surely, in that the client expects and deserves the delivery of X against an order for X, also against a certain timeline and to a good standard. Why would that change if I break my leg or start suffering debilitating headaches (which I do)? It's up to me to manage my workload. It has nothing to do with a third-party platform that's only here as a means to procure clients. 

Fiverr is not an employer; it's up to us to only offer what we can supply well and consistently. We are our own bosses, and we are the only ones who can determine what we accept or reject in workload terms. Ability is also (or should be) a core driver, and if I have issues preventing or adversely impacting my ability, timeliness, reliability and so on, then I need to find a job better suited because no matter what Fiverr does, I still have those clients who rightly need to be happy with what they receive and the timing with which I send it to them.

Am I fit and well? No. I have rheumatoid arthritis, an unstable cervical spine and am currently embroiled in cancer investigations. I don't expect Fiverr to magic up something to assist me! In fact, I very much doubt even my critical illness cover will pay out, ha. I need to crack on and manage to produce what I have promised to my clients, and if I am finding it tough, I will have to build in more time out, some help at home, and so on.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

On 5/26/2023 at 11:25 PM, discover_india said:

Hi Fiverr

is this platform useful to earn money for disabled people ?

Yes, Fiverr is a platform that supports and welcomes everyone, including disabled individuals, to earn money. 🤝💙 People from all backgrounds and abilities can showcase their talents and skills on Fiverr. So, if you're a disabled person looking to monetize your expertise, Fiverr is here to back you up every step of the way! 💪

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yes, I think in my own opinion a disabled person can make money on fiverr probably let's take for example a blind person can have one of his relatives create a gig for him on her on a niche on fiverr named 'I will keep your company on a call' All this blind needs to do is just to keep the conversation going and talking to the person that places order. So indirectly, fiverr has provided both of them a great satisfaction whereby the blind person gets to be active and the buyer that ordered the gig gets to kill boredom during the conversation.
In summary, I would say fiverr gives room for a disabled person to work.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1