Social Media Marketing for Gigs! 🚀

freelance_hive

Social Media Marketing for Gigs! 🚀  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Can Fiverr Gigs Be Promoted on Social Media Platforms through paid advertisement?

Question

I would like to know your thoughts on an important question regarding social media marketing for gigs. Let me know if you think Fiverr allows social media marketing (Paid) of gigs through platforms like Facebook, LinkedIn, Google Ads, and others. Please share your thoughts in the comments!

• Like 15
  • Up 1

6 answers to this question

Fiverr has their own paid ads system. Why would they allow you to use someone else's paid advertising service without getting a cut? 

If you check the terms of service, you will automatically see this

image.thumb.jpeg.458f4970c706d57c16efc4e4ce666cd5.jpeg

If they don't allow you to use Google Ads, I am sure they won't allow you to use any social media ads either. 

Fiverr encourages people to share their gigs on social media with their audience. However, since Fiverr is against paid advertising (since they obviously have their own ads program), I think it's obviously any paid promotion on social media is a risk and it can lead to a ban.  There was another topic yesterday when this topic arose, but I think the terms of service are pretty clear. If Google Ads is a paid advertising service and it's not allowed, clearly paid ads on social media are a major risk and something you want to avoid. They don't specifically say social ads, but social ads have the same purpose and reasoning as Google ads, and since they don't allow that...

• Like 17
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

Fiverr has their own paid ads system. Why would they allow you to use someone else's paid advertising service without getting a cut? 

If you check the terms of service, you will automatically see this

image.thumb.jpeg.458f4970c706d57c16efc4e4ce666cd5.jpeg

If they don't allow you to use Google Ads, I am sure they won't allow you to use any social media ads either. 

Fiverr encourages people to share their gigs on social media with their audience. However, since Fiverr is against paid advertising (since they obviously have their own ads program), I think it's obviously any paid promotion on social media is a risk and it can lead to a ban.  There was another topic yesterday when this topic arose, but I think the terms of service are pretty clear. If Google Ads is a paid advertising service and it's not allowed, clearly paid ads on social media are a major risk and something you want to avoid. They don't specifically say social ads, but social ads have the same purpose and reasoning as Google ads, and since they don't allow that...

Thank you for your thoughts, but, What recommendations do you have for sellers on Fiverr who are unable to access the Promoted Gigs option or whose services are not eligible for promotion?

• Like 9
  • Up 1

2 hours ago, mohd_bilal said:

This is what I received from CS when asked about facebook ads and twitter ads.

So basically it's what I said. They suggest promoting on social media, but they don't say to use ads. It's a very gray area and it's better if you avoid it. You might end up driving traffic to Fiverr and not getting a dime back. Anyway I for one would never use that, especially when Fiverr doesn't explicitly say if it's ok or not. It's a gray area. 

2 hours ago, freelance_hive said:

let him answer our queries. 

You can do whatever you want. The rules clearly state DON"T use GOOGLE ADS. 

Fiverr doesn't explicitly say to not use social media ads, but they don't say it's right either. The way you want to use social media is to share your gig links. If you use paid ads... no one guarantees any success and you can be out a lot of money in the end.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

So basically it's what I said. They suggest promoting on social media, but they don't say to use ads. It's a very gray area and it's better if you avoid it. You might end up driving traffic to Fiverr and not getting a dime back. Anyway I for one would never use that, especially when Fiverr doesn't explicitly say if it's ok or not. It's a gray area. 

You can do whatever you want. The rules clearly state DON"T use GOOGLE ADS. 

2 hours ago, freelance_hive said:

Thank you @mohd_bilal for sharing this. I am very confused right now. as per @donnovan86 we can not promote our gigs. let him answer our queries. 

2 hours ago, mohd_bilal said:

image.jpeg.c22461b54f1e2b2220a11e659b4f8634.jpeg

This is what I received from CS when asked about facebook ads and twitter ads.

I found a conversation from 2020 where the explanation given is because Fiverr also promote Fiverr website through google ads. Banning google ads to sellers allows Fiverr to have a low cost per click ..... that might make sense... but at this point I have no idea 🤷‍♂️ as also Fiverr use facebook ads to promote Fiverr...

Click Here to see that conversation

Screen Shot 2023-05-26 at 14.55.24 PM.png

• Like 10