What happens if I am unable to complete order on fiverr?

muneebwaqas_955

Question

Hi, I am a react js developer and I am new to freelancing I am afraid of this hypothetical situation in which I am unable to complete the order of my client.I haven't done work with any client, but what if a client approaches me and places an order on my gig and I fail to complete the order or after trying I am unable to complete the order then what happens?

• Like 13

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, muneebwaqas_955 said:

Hi, I am a react js developer and I am new to freelancing I am afraid of this hypothetical situation in which I am unable to complete the order of my client.I haven't done work with any client, but what if a client approaches me and places an order on my gig and I fail to complete the order or after trying I am unable to complete the order then what happens?

Hi @muneebwaqas_955,

If the client places an order for something you don't offer, you can cancel the order and have your stats adjusted so that it won't hurt your order completion rate.

If the client places an order asking for something more than what they ordered, you can offer to do the extra work by adding it on as gig extras. This allows you to increase your price and your delivery window to complete the project.

If you get an order and it's taking a lot longer than anticipated (so it doesn't look like you'll complete it on time), communicate that with your buyer. You can request to extend the delivery date to allow you to finish your work (but you need to request that before the delivery time expires, or else it will count as a late delivery). As long as the buyer accepts your request to extend the delivery date, your delivery will count as "on time." Unexpected events do occur in orders, so sometimes you have to extend the delivery date. If you are doing this often, you might want to consider updating your gigs with longer delivery times.

And if you can't deliver the order because you aren't clear on what you can do, then that cancelation will affect your order completion rate, your buyer satisfaction rate, and can affect whether you get future orders or not. To avoid this from happening, only offer services that you can do, and do consistently well. Also make sure that your services are very clearly defined in your gig description, packages, and FAQs. You can always offer more and increase your prices as your confidence in your services grows.

I also wouldn't say that I offer 100% customer satisfaction, unlimited revisions, 20-day free support, and money-back guarantee - this is telling customers that you will work for free, you're not confident in your skills, and that they can take advantage of you. I offered some of those things when I first started out on Fiverr and it was a nightmare.

24 minutes ago, mahadyhasan212 said:

hello. if you stay online than you will have GIG reputation will came back.

This isn't true. You have to consistently deliver quality services for you to do well on Fiverr's platform. Please don't offer advice that hasn't worked for you. 

• Like 10
  • Up 5

6 hours ago, mahadyhasan212 said:

if you stay online than you will have GIG reputation will came back.

WRONG! Staying active or being online does not help you at all. This is a myth spread by sellers with a lack of knowledge about how Fiverr works.

Did you stay online since the creation of your account? If you did, then you will agree that I am right. Your account was created 26 months ago (March 2022) and you received 0 (zero) reviews.

Why are you not online now? Is it not working for you?

image.png.3778913f9df757dd1b285f1b30ef9378.png

• Like 10