Gigs are magically OUT OF search results again :(

mohd_bilal

Question

In a short span of 1 month my gigs suddenly stopped promoting and have disappeared from search, again.

I was getting good traction from buyers and getting 5 star reviews with tips so we can rule out negative feedback as the reason.

😞 sad face

• Like 23
  • Sad 4

24 answers to this question

Just now, xotatech said:

Did you get fiverr promotion option and success manager?

No I did not get the seller plus option with a success manager. I has the other option of seller plus without the manager but I switched that off 2 months ago as it was not helping much.

Promotion was on and I was doing great, numbers wise so I can't figure out why this happened today.

• Like 21

11 minutes ago, mohd_bilal said:

In a short span of 1 month my gigs suddenly stopped promoting and have disappeared from search, again.

I was getting good traction from buyers and getting 5 star reviews with tips so we can rule out negative feedback as the reason.

😞 sad face

It happens, you should start finding a solution to get customers above your gigs, then you will solve the problem.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, venonusa said:

It happens, you should start finding a solution to get customers above your gigs, then you will solve the problem.

Absolutely thinking hard about that. Can you share your experience in ads? Like is it better cost per click average compared to fiverr's own promotion (whenever available)?

• Like 20

3 minutes ago, mohd_bilal said:

Absolutely thinking hard about that. Can you share your experience in ads? Like is it better cost per click average compared to fiverr's own promotion (whenever available)?

if Fiverr promotion is available in your account use that, otherwise you can use Facebook ads or any other ads.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, nadjibironciblo1 said:

This is absurd. Why would I pay for ads in addition to the 20% fiverr's fee?

the 20% fee is because they are allowing you to sell your service in their platform. But this does not mean that they will put your service in the top positions of the search results... So, or you are going to pay for the ads or you will have to find an alternative to get customers to your gigs.

• Like 18

2 minutes ago, mayodeadeniyi said:

Do you mean there are another set of reviews apart from the ones displayed on our profile?

Yes. A private feedback and that's the one that matters. It doesn't matter if you have outstanding public feedback. If your buyer leaves negative private feedback, your account as a whole is negatively affected.

• Like 21
  • Up 3

12 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

Private feedback affects your overall sales more than public feedback. 

It's too bad. So if I offer a client one star, they will undoubtedly send me negative private feedback?

• Like 17
  • Sad 1

On 5/25/2023 at 9:22 PM, venonusa said:

if Fiverr promotion is available in your account use that, otherwise you can use Facebook ads or any other ads.

fbpromotion.jpg.f13309557fd792e0c5a518292fe9a5bf.jpg

I received this from CS. So basically as long as it is ok with Facebook or Twitter, we can run ads there. Now the question is how to go about it. Find a resource here on fiverr ?

• Like 15

7 minutes ago, mohd_bilal said:

fbpromotion.jpg.f13309557fd792e0c5a518292fe9a5bf.jpg

I received this from CS. So basically as long as it is ok with Facebook or Twitter, we can run ads there. Now the question is how to go about it. Find a resource here on fiverr ?

@donnovan86 also @mohd_bilal asked it... and in his message the CS talks about paid campaign... but CS says there are no restrictions....

Edited by venonusa
  • Like 17

1 minute ago, venonusa said:

but CS says there are no restrictions from Fiverr....

Well that message shows Fiverr doesn't want to have any responsibility if you waste your $$ and there's no income, yet you spent a ton on ads. 

They obviously encourage you to just share your gigs on social media, as they said above. 

Paid campaigns can be a money pit, so clearly it's a gray area. Otherwise why would they say to reach others, they could have a clear answer.

Anyway, everyone is free to do whatever they want. I don't see any social media ads making a difference for a Fiverr gig. You need to know what region to target, what type of customer, it will be a longshot to target specific people that actively want to buy your gigs.. Anyway.. that's my opinion. 

• Like 17

Just now, donnovan86 said:

You need to know what region to target, what type of customer, it will be a longshot to target specific people that actively want to buy your gigs.

This is true, its not easy to make a facebook or twitter campaign that brings results...

• Like 17

27 minutes ago, venonusa said:

This is true, its not easy to make a facebook or twitter campaign that brings results...

Exactly. At that point, instead of promoting Fiverr, you better choose to create your own website and pay for your own advertising. I mean, to each his own. Fiverr won't say no, since you generate traffic for them, and you pay for it. 

• Like 16

15 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

Exactly. At that point, instead of promoting Fiverr, you better choose to create your own website and pay for your own advertising. I mean, to each his own. Fiverr won't say no, since you generate traffic for them, and you pay for it. 

Great idea

• Like 12

I agree with the above 🙂  The private feedback of the buyer is more important than the public one! It was similar to me 2 times when I could not promote my gig and lost the rating, but in about 50-60 days it will return to normal 🙂 You just need to keep doing good work with your loyal customers!

• Like 13

5 hours ago, carrotymusic said:

I agree with the above 🙂  The private feedback of the buyer is more important than the public one! It was similar to me 2 times when I could not promote my gig and lost the rating, but in about 50-60 days it will return to normal 🙂 You just need to keep doing good work with your loyal customers!

Two months is a long time. I just hope people keep coming back for my service. I have been giving my 100% for the time my promotion was on.

• Like 12

On 5/26/2023 at 3:04 PM, donnovan86 said:

On 5/25/2023 at 12:00 PM, mohd_bilal said:

😞 sad face

just to clarify, Fiverr confirmed: Facebook ads are permitted ,  Google ads is not allowed.

anyone wishing to experiment with facebook ads can do it.

Screen Shot 2023-05-28 at 14.48.02 PM.png

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, venonusa said:

just to clarify, Fiverr confirmed: Facebook ads are permitted ,  Google ads is not allowed.

I am not sure what you asked, however the reply suggests growing your social media presence via Facebook ads. They say you can share on social media and stuff. Regardless, you need to realize that you're paying 20% to Fiverr and you also pay Facebook for promotion, if you receive any sales. At that point, you're much better off promoting your own website and keeping 100% of the profits. I don't see any point in promoting my gig to an audience from a specific location, because who knows if/when I would receive an order and if it's worth it. So I still don't see the benefit of Facebook ads, even if they are ok to use. I guess someone with a very expensive gig might get a good ROI from them.

• Like 9

51 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

I am not sure what you asked, however the reply suggests growing your social media presence via Facebook ads. They say you can share on social media and stuff. Regardless, you need to realize that you're paying 20% to Fiverr and you also pay Facebook for promotion, if you receive any sales. At that point, you're much better off promoting your own website and keeping 100% of the profits. I don't see any point in promoting my gig to an audience from a specific location, because who knows if/when I would receive an order and if it's worth it. So I still don't see the benefit of Facebook ads, even if they are ok to use. I guess someone with a very expensive gig might get a good ROI from them.

It was just to clarify that facebook ads are allowed and when I write on posts that facebook ads are accepted you know I'm telling the truth. Then each of us will decide to use it or not, we are in marketing and we tell you that facebook ads work, then it's up to you or others to decide whether to use it or not.

• Like 10

29 minutes ago, venonusa said:

I'm telling the truth. 

I believe you. However, you can clearly see Fiverr customer support doesn't blatantly say it's ok to use ads. They encourage you to share your gigs, and to build an audience by paying for ads. They didn't specifically say you can easily use Facebook ads or whatever to promote your gigs. And I know why, Fiverr has its own paid ads system, why would they specifically say to use other services when you can pay for theirs...?  Even if they agree to it, I still think you need to be very lucky to find a specific region where people might buy your gig. At least with Google you go for a specific keyword (and you would compete against Fiverr for those keywords as they also promote themselves via Google, hence the reason why they are not ok for them). But with social media you need to target specific regions/cities/locations, which might be ok for some niches. For me as a writer, that seems like a waste and I will most likely bleed money.

Even if you are someone that focuses on localized services, why not create your own website and promote it? It feels like a much better value from Facebook ads. Anyway it's my opinion and that's what this forum is for, opinions 🙂 I see no value on social ads to promote your Fiverr gigs. It's very expensive, you're just promoting Fiverr and unless you have a gig focused on a specific area (where it would make sense), it will bleed money. And as I said, Fiverr doesn't specifically say to promote gigs via social media because it's expensive (even if they agree to it), and they don't want to be responsible for any financial losses. Which I agree, as someone that promoted websites for years, social ads can be a great hit, but also a major miss. 

Anyway, feel free to use it, I for one I know I don't want to use this, since it will barely give me any benefit. It might be ok for someone that's willing to spend $200 for a $300 order. But for a writer with affordable prices like me, social ads would just be a waste. 

• Like 13