Hacked Fiverr accounts ordering from me, leading to a refund/cancelation & me losing out on my money

failx_editz

Question

Dear Fiverr team & sellers!

I currently have an issue, that is horrible for me as a seller.

Over the past few days, multiple people ordered my gigs, with everything being completed, all the way to receiving a 5-star rating. A couple of days later, these people text me, saying that their account got hacked, and they will contact Fiverr support for a refund. After that, they get their money back, while I, who has completed the work, received nothing. Empty-handed, despite delivering my work. This happened 5 times over the last three days, and I no longer feel comfortable selling on Fiverr with these circumstances. I am just about to be a Level 2 seller, and I can't believe that I have lost about 100€ recently, for delivering 5-star worthy work. Is there any way to verify, if my buyers are legit? How do you, dear fellow sellers, deal with this?

I contacted Fiverr support about 36 hours ago, but there has been no response

Thank you!

• Like 13
  • Sad 3

6 answers to this question

7 hours ago, failx_editz said:

Dear Fiverr team & sellers!

I currently have an issue, that is horrible for me as a seller.

Over the past few days, multiple people ordered my gigs, with everything being completed, all the way to receiving a 5-star rating. A couple of days later, these people text me, saying that their account got hacked, and they will contact Fiverr support for a refund. After that, they get their money back, while I, who has completed the work, received nothing. Empty-handed, despite delivering my work. This happened 5 times over the last three days, and I no longer feel comfortable selling on Fiverr with these circumstances. I am just about to be a Level 2 seller, and I can't believe that I have lost about 100€ recently, for delivering 5-star worthy work. Is there any way to verify, if my buyers are legit? How do you, dear fellow sellers, deal with this?

I contacted Fiverr support about 36 hours ago, but there has been no response

Thank you!

that's why I don't save income on fiverr

I just withdraw, as soon amount is enough

as environment has no stability, chargebacks, disputes...

Between for my personal knowledge, what's buyers location ?

Were they any new clients ? with no reviews ? and new account (check since:xxx date) ?

• Like 8