How can I fix my Gig Description? fiverr keep calling "Description contains illegal characters" but I have no idea which characters

thibara

Question

This is my description that kept being declined:

I will draw your character in my drawing style with monotone cel-shading.

You will receive:

• 1 grayscale art (for your own aesthetic adjustment).
  • 2 different filtered options.
  • Resolution: Screen size (1620 x 2160px), 300dpi, PNG file (PSD with source file), ready to print.

The resolution can be changed depending on your need if you contact me beforehand.

PLEASE NOTE:

The art focus on the character only, there will be NO BACKGROUND.

At the moment, I don't provide half-body and full-body options, it's chest up only.

Some information I need to be able to start:

• Tell me the concept you have.
  • Tell me the size you need.
  • Tell me the specific pose, if you don't have one in mind, don't worry just tell me the idea and I'll do the job (reference pictures are always appreciated).

I will be grateful if you can contact me before ordering to avoid miscommunication.

Thank you.

Please help me fix that, I'm stuck here for an hour

• Like 9

3 answers to this question

Hi,

If you're encountering an issue with your Gig description on Fiverr and receiving an error message stating "Description contains illegal characters," it means that you have included characters that are not allowed or recognized by the platform. To fix this, here are some steps you can take:

Remove Special Characters: Check your Gig description for any special characters, symbols, or non-standard punctuation marks. Remove any characters that are not letters, numbers, or basic punctuation like commas or periods.

Avoid HTML Tags: Ensure that you have not used any HTML tags or coding in your description. Fiverr does not support HTML or any coding elements in Gig descriptions.

Check for Uncommon Characters: Review your description for any less common or foreign characters, diacritical marks, or accents. Remove or replace such characters with their standard equivalents.

Eliminate Emojis: If you have used emojis in your Gig description, remove them. Emojis are not recognized as valid characters on Fiverr and can trigger the "illegal characters" error.

Remove Unusual Formatting: Check for any unusual formatting, excessive spacing, or excessive use of capitalization or punctuation. Simplify the formatting to basic text without any extravagant stylings.

Proofread and Rewrite: Read through your Gig description carefully and rewrite it in a clear and concise manner. Make sure it accurately describes your services, skills, and what clients can expect.

Contact Fiverr Support: If you have reviewed and edited your Gig description but still encounter the same error, consider reaching out to Fiverr's customer support for assistance. They can provide specific guidance on the issue and help resolve it.

Remember to save your changes after making any modifications to your Gig description. By following these steps and ensuring your description adheres to Fiverr's guidelines, you should be able to fix the "Description contains illegal characters" issue.

Regards, 
Shahid Nawaz (Shahzadaseo)

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, shahzadaseo said:

Hi,

If you're encountering an issue with your Gig description on Fiverr and receiving an error message stating "Description contains illegal characters," it means that you have included characters that are not allowed or recognized by the platform. To fix this, here are some steps you can take:

Remove Special Characters: Check your Gig description for any special characters, symbols, or non-standard punctuation marks. Remove any characters that are not letters, numbers, or basic punctuation like commas or periods.

Avoid HTML Tags: Ensure that you have not used any HTML tags or coding in your description. Fiverr does not support HTML or any coding elements in Gig descriptions.

Check for Uncommon Characters: Review your description for any less common or foreign characters, diacritical marks, or accents. Remove or replace such characters with their standard equivalents.

Eliminate Emojis: If you have used emojis in your Gig description, remove them. Emojis are not recognized as valid characters on Fiverr and can trigger the "illegal characters" error.

Remove Unusual Formatting: Check for any unusual formatting, excessive spacing, or excessive use of capitalization or punctuation. Simplify the formatting to basic text without any extravagant stylings.

Proofread and Rewrite: Read through your Gig description carefully and rewrite it in a clear and concise manner. Make sure it accurately describes your services, skills, and what clients can expect.

Contact Fiverr Support: If you have reviewed and edited your Gig description but still encounter the same error, consider reaching out to Fiverr's customer support for assistance. They can provide specific guidance on the issue and help resolve it.

Remember to save your changes after making any modifications to your Gig description. By following these steps and ensuring your description adheres to Fiverr's guidelines, you should be able to fix the "Description contains illegal characters" issue.

Regards, 
Shahid Nawaz (Shahzadaseo)

Thank you I'll try the guidelines. 

• Like 8