Experience of cancelling an order

I have got recently a bad experience cancelling order on Fiverr. Although my gig didn't went down in impression. It impacted on the gig for the last 3 days. My gig impression is now around 8k. One thing I noticed that I got 1 or 2 messages everyday before cancelling one of my order. But for a few days, I have been not getting any message from buyer despite of increasing impression. 

So, I realized that it's due to cancelling one of my order. My suggestion for new seller will be not cancelling order. It'll badly impact on your gig. 

Get a clear instruction from your buyer before accepting any order. Besides this, discuss with your buyer clearly about the job that you're going to do. Even deliver the job before ending the deadline that's fixed as time counter on your order page. The late delivery also affects on gig.

Hope this will be helpful for new seller.

• Like 17
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

On 5/22/2023 at 5:05 PM, wpmanditech said:

I have got recently a bad experience cancelling order on Fiverr. Although my gig didn't went down in impression. It impacted on the gig for the last 3 days. My gig impression is now around 8k. One thing I noticed that I got 1 or 2 messages everyday before cancelling one of my order. But for a few days, I have been not getting any message from buyer despite of increasing impression. 

So, I realized that it's due to cancelling one of my order. My suggestion for new seller will be not cancelling order. It'll badly impact on your gig. 

Get a clear instruction from your buyer before accepting any order. Besides this, discuss with your buyer clearly about the job that you're going to do. Even deliver the job before ending the deadline that's fixed as time counter on your order page. The late delivery also affects on gig.

Hope this will be helpful for new seller.

it hurts a lot, I personally experienced cancellation 3 times from 3 different buyers and the main problems was are the bad communication, anbiguity of requirement or ordering by mistake. 

• Like 12

On 5/24/2023 at 1:07 AM, soufianejanna said:

it hurts a lot, I personally experienced cancellation 3 times from 3 different buyers and the main problems was are the bad communication, anbiguity of requirement or ordering by mistake. 

Did you talk with the Fiverr team?

• Like 10

If my buyers ordered by mistakes, or don't know what they want, and request a cancellation explaining why they want it, I immediately accept it without talking to fiverr team, since unhappy buyer can leave a negative feedback can hurt my performance and exposure for a long time more than cancellations.

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, soufianejanna said:

If my buyers ordered by mistakes, or don't know what they want, and request a cancellation explaining why they want it, I immediately accept it without talking to fiverr team, since unhappy buyer can leave a negative feedback can hurt my performance and exposure for a long time more than cancellations.

If a buyer orders by mistake and wants to cancel the order, go ahead and accept the cancelation ...then submit a help desk to have your stats adjusted so that the cancelation doesn't affect your order completion rate.

The buyer gets back their funds and you aren't affected by those types of cancelations. This also works if a buyer orders and then immediately decides they don't need the order.

• Like 12
  • Up 1

7 hours ago, vickieito said:

If a buyer orders by mistake and wants to cancel the order, go ahead and accept the cancelation ...then submit a help desk to have your stats adjusted so that the cancelation doesn't affect your order completion rate.

The buyer gets back their funds and you aren't affected by those types of cancelations. This also works if a buyer orders and then immediately decides they don't need the order.

Thank you for this, I will try to talk to the customer support if that happened again. My performance really affected in the previous cases.

• Like 8