Created new account, send some messages, account immediately disabled

Hello,

I just created a new account today with the name "e456he456h" and messaged a few sellers asking about promoting youtube videos and after a few minutes I received an email stating that this account was disabled. The email provided no other details as to why other than "violations of our Terms of Service and/or other policies". I had to create this new account in order to post this message.

Does anyone know why my new account was almost immediately disabled? I would really like to use this service and I would like to know what rule I violated so that I can avoid violating it again.

Thanks

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

Without seeing the messages you sent, it's difficult to say, but Fiverr has big issues with spam. Hence they employ systems to detect and stop it. 

Your username is the first red flag: it's pointless, repetitive, and similar to the ones used by spammers. 

You sending messages to multiple sellers in a short time span is another red flag. 

It might also be that you have created users before. Making a new user if you have had your account deactivated is against the guidelines. 

I suggest you read the terms you accepted when signing up for the platform. 

• Like 6
  • Up 4

Thank you for your responses. My messages were to sellers who advertised promoting youtube videos and I asked them if they could promote some youtube videos.

I was not aware that my choice of username was a problem, but I can understand how it may have been perceived as something a spammer might create. I did not see any guidelines for appropriate username creation and I looked at the terms of service and did not see any information about what usernames are not appropriate in there. I apologize if I missed this information.

I do now see in the terms of service that creating multiple account is not allowed, however I could not find any way of sending a message to support (which I have already done) or posting here without having a working account, so I am not sure what I was supposed to do.

Do you have any suggestions about how I should proceed now? It would be really frustrating if I was banned from this site the first time I tried using it from doing things which, from my perspective, were honest mistakes.

If any member of staff is reading this, you can go ahead and delete this account since I am not allowed to create multiple accounts. Also, please let me know how I can prove that I am not a spam bot on the other account.

Thanks for your help.

• Like 5

Try politely reasoning with support via email. info@fiverr.com

They might sometimes send template replies that don't really apply to one's issues, or don't fully understand what you actually want in the first message, but if you politely persist until it's clear that they exactly understood your issue, chances are that they'll do what they can within Fiverr's terms and policies. Of course, it could also be that they understand but can't help due to Fiverr's terms and policies, but in any case, it makes sense to follow up until you're sure they understood.

As an aside, similar to not creating new accounts, it's important to note that you should also not create multiple tickets for the same issue, but stick with the original ticket (can be reopened if it was closed, or a "follow-up" can be created). Or, in this case, keep adding to your originally sent email to avoid confusion. It can happen that your issue will be handled by multiple support people already, and multiple tickets/mails would only make things more complicated, and could also be treated as spam.

Best wishes for reclaiming your original account - or if it's a similar username, maybe worth a thought to ask support if they could close them both and you may open a new one with a not so throw-away looking name. We sellers do indeed get loads of spam, often from similar usernames, and it's quite probable that some will flag your messages as spam. Also, you could try varying your messages a bit, or waiting for reply from one seller before contacting the next.

• Like 6
  • Up 3

3 hours ago, miiila said:

info@fiverr.com

@e5v6e5tv6e45e45 Sorry, that should've been support@fiverr.com, it didn't let me edit the post... I'll need to keep in mind to never post before at least one coffee... Maybe info@ works, too, or they (should probably) have a catch-all anyway, but, yeah, support@ 🙂

• Like 5

22 hours ago, e5v6e5tv6e45e45 said:

I was not aware that my choice of username was a problem, but I can understand how it may have been perceived as something a spammer might create. I did not see any guidelines for appropriate username creation and I looked at the terms of service and did not see any information about what usernames are not appropriate in there. I apologize if I missed this information.

I don't think a username like that in and of itself is against the guidelines. But if I saw a username like that, I would immediately think "spammer" and that connotation alone could have caused someone to report you. You didn't miss anything,  but it might have contributed to your situation, which is why I wanted to mention it specifically. 

22 hours ago, e5v6e5tv6e45e45 said:

Thanks for your help.

@miiila - great advice! 

• Like 6