"Not replying to customers at night time"

d_a_d_d_y

Question

16 answers to this question

I tend to have episodes of insomnia (which then shift my normal routine.) this basically means that sometimes I'm up till 3-4AM and wake up at 12, others I sleep at midnight and wake at 9-ish. 

Nothing changes. If I get messages when I'm sleeping I reply in the morning and well...that's it. Performance is really what matters but I genuinely doubt that also means that we have to be active all the time. The best thing to do is to get enough sleep (whatever it is for you) and to do your best work when you're working. 

(That being said unless it's new messages I do also ignore everything that comes after a certain time regardless of when I go to sleep. Once it's past midnight I am too tired to think and work )

• Like 17

2 hours ago, d_a_d_d_y said:

"Not replying to customers at night time",how does this really affect to our gig and what are the best ways to keep active in the night routine also?

It's best to sleep at night. 

I respond to messages when I get up. I have a 1 hour response time on average. 

Being active all the time won't help you succeed: being well-rested and clear-minded will. Hence, sleep is a good thing. 🙂 

• Like 15
  • Up 2

(The following statements have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration

Missed messages got you down?

Does response time anxiety have you worried?

Is that pesky sleep preventing you from reaching your full potential?

Try Caffeine!

The newest in Mooch-Labs technology, caffeine is a biochemically enhanced, safe alternative to sleep.

But don’t take my word for it, here’s Hollywood’s own Mickey Rourke:

Caffeine is like crack but there’s less pipes.

That’s right Mickey!

Caffeine enhances the nervous system by increasing activity - allowing you to do things faster and having more time for activities like not resting.

Caffeine has been clinically shown to cut down decision time, rid the body of unnecessary water weight and give you a mean jitterbug.

In a blind taste test, 9 out of 10 people preferred caffeine to not having caffeine (we are not responsible for the unfortunate demise of the 10th participant who willingly chose to not share their caffeine allergy prior to the experiment. Blind people are just weird like that).

But wait! There’s more!

The first 100 people to order caffeine will get a free gift, as our way of saying ‘thank you’ - The natural therapy remedy that swept the nation: “Mooch-Lab’s Patented  Screaming at People.”

What are you waiting for!

Stop missing all those important messages. Stop wondering what happens when you’re not around. After all, a wise man once said: 

“The nighttime is just the daytime that forgot to pay the power bill (copyright Tommy Jones).”

Find out if Caffeine is right for you! 

(The advice and claims presented here are intended to only be used with your doctors approval. If he generally hates the idea, I might know a guy. The views expressed are intended to be for informational use only and are not intended to replace actual medical advice. Medical advice is more like “no, you shouldn’t be growing hair on that.” Always consult your physician before starting a new medication. Failing that, take a whole bunch of it and show up to the doctor’s office while yelling, “how’s about a checkup?” Caffeine has been known to cause mild side effects. Always stop taking caffeine if you experience: pain, extreme discomfort, irregular heart beat, difficulty feeling your own face, existential realizations during pop music, a sudden understanding of acid jazz, visits to the black lodge, prolonged visitations with the ghost of Voltaire and/or general death. Please use as directed. Mooch-labs is not responsible for the results of the unlawful usage of caffeine. Likewise, Mooch-Labs makes no claim of actually owning a lab. It’s more like a mind palace, but rather than memories - we keep a laboratory in it. Please use at your own risk. If you don’t have any risk, please borrow someone else’s risk and proceed to use that one)

Stop missing out. Stop napping in.

Stop sleeping and start living.

Try Caffeine today!

• Like 9
  • Haha 4

I think there is no need to stay online all night.  Try to stay online as much as possible throughout the day and until you sleep at night. Sleep with the phone's internet connection on and keep the notification volume up so that the sound of the notification wakes you up.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, katakatica said:

I tend to have episodes of insomnia (which then shift my normal routine.) this basically means that sometimes I'm up till 3-4AM and wake up at 12, others I sleep at midnight and wake at 9-ish. 

Nothing changes. If I get messages when I'm sleeping I reply in the morning and well...that's it. Performance is really what matters but I genuinely doubt that also means that we have to be active all the time. The best thing to do is to get enough sleep (whatever it is for you) and to do your best work when you're working. 

(That being said unless it's new messages I do also ignore everything that comes after a certain time regardless of when I go to sleep. Once it's past midnight I am too tired to think and work )

yes exactly,agrees on everything here

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, akhterlily said:

I think there is no need to stay online all night.  Try to stay online as much as possible throughout the day and until you sleep at night. Sleep with the phone's internet connection on and keep the notification volume up so that the sound of the notification wakes you up.

Thanks for the advice😇

• Like 6

20 hours ago, d_a_d_d_y said:

"Not replying to customers at night time",how does this really affect to our gig and what are the best ways to keep active in the night routine also?

Good point. Research has shown that people who sleep cannot be successful in business. This is why retail stores have big neon signs that say "OPEN" even when they are closed and the door is locked.  It is a great trick to make sales. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, newsmike said:

Good point. Research has shown that people who sleep cannot be successful in business. This is why retail stores have big neon signs that say "OPEN" even when they are closed and the door is locked.  It is a great trick to make sales. 

yes it is, mostly some buyers don't even reply to the messages after a few hours if we make no moves

• Like 4

best things to do - try social media for promoting

- stay online and active

after getting few orders and feedback it will become better, but have to play along with the first hard steps

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, d_a_d_d_y said:

any proof then?

Plenty.

(Other than Fiverr literally debunking it before if I remember correctly. Not 100% sure about that though.)

I'm European and most of my clients are from the US (though it depends.) I sleep when they are awake but still have enough work. Being online would work if there were say, 1000 sellers per category. Faking activity OR staying awake for no reason doesn't help when there's many others who do the same. It's common sense. 

Think about it this way. There's 35 supermarkets in your town. Only one of them is open at night. There's only say, 2 people who need something during that time, but they go there or course.

Every other supermarket decides to stay open as well to see if that helps. 

The number of customers won't change, right? They very likely will either go to where they used to go or spread out - but the chance of you have 0 customers at night is still pretty small. (Obviously, when offline you can still get customers while supermarkets can't so that gives you even less of a reason to stay online all the time.)

• Like 8
  • Up 1