Can i change or delete the customer previews in my voice over gig?

jasperliver

Question

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if it's possible to change or delete previews that are on my gig page after I've completed a gig. I know that when completing a gig I can choose to post it on my gig page, but there doesn't seem to be an option after that to either change or delete it. 

Thank you very much,

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 answers to this question

Hi @jasperliver,

Unfortunately, there isn't an option to change the previews once it's set (even if the customer gives you approval via chat to use something different). A help desk ticket won't be able to change the sample for you.

However, you can delete a preview, but you need to have the customer's approval to do so (and it has to appear that they want it deleted). I usually ask the customer, "Do you really want to have this sample up on my gig?" and they'll say "No, please remove it." Then I'll screenshot that conversation and submit it with a help desk ticket to have it removed. Technically, only buyers are allowed to delete these preview samples, but I have no trouble deleting them when I show proof that the buyer wants the samples removed.

If I can't get the buyer to state that they want the sample removed, I can't remove it. I write resumes and sometimes the wrong file is accidentally used as the preview sample (and it ends up showing all of the buyer's contact information). Even then, I can't remove the sample without the buyer's approval first.

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, jasperliver said:

That is very unfortunate. In this way it feels that we do not have full control over our page. 

There is one way around this. If you know there's a VO you're delivering that you don't want to appear on your profile, you can attach and send the audio in a zip file. It seems buyers can only choose to include it on your profile page if the file is attached directly. I've used this one. I delivered a VO that the client was delighted with but I hated it 🙂 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1