Brief option not working to me

gayanchamira

Question

hello i'm Level two seller with more than 100 reviews, but i could not reach even a single brief notification and only came direct ones and from previous clients. So i dont know what is the problem and how to solve it please tell me your ideas to overcome this problem

• Like 17
  • Sad 4

10 answers to this question

Same with me I'm level 2 for the past 25 days I don't receive even a single brief anymore. all of a sudden turned zero brief. I brought this concern to the help and support twice, the same answer is they are not in control of the buyer posting briefs.

• Like 12
  • Sad 3
  • Up 1

Hi @gayanchamira,

I don't think briefs are intended to work like buyer requests. I've heard of sellers getting most of their orders through buyer requests, but I haven't heard about sellers getting orders exclusively through briefs yet. I consider myself successful with briefs, and I only average 1-3 brief-related orders per month (5 max). There are some months that I don't get a brief order at all. Briefs aren't a significant part of my revenue and I only put out offers when I have gaps between my orders. Right now, briefs are working better than Promoted Gigs, so I have my Promoted Gigs turned off.

You're mostly getting business through direct orders and repeat customers, which is how things should be. There may be months where you won't see briefs and there will be months when you'll see a lot. The market is very dynamic, so you'll have to make adjustments when changes occur. If briefs aren't pulling in orders at the moment, try to see if something else can bring in the orders.

• Like 20
  • Up 2

11 minutes ago, vickieito said:

I only average 1-3 brief-related orders per month (5 max).

Briefs are working for you? Did Fiverr improve them? Briefs managed to get me worked up on several occasions, but they never worked for me. I have never received a brief related to the services I offer. It has been a while since I turned them off. I guess it's time for me to turn them on for a week and see if they are any better.

14 minutes ago, vickieito said:

briefs are working better than Promoted Gigs, so I have my Promoted Gigs turned off.

Promoted gigs are working for me. This month, so far, I've received 10 orders from promoted gigs. Maybe the gig category plays a role here. Some features work better in some categories than others.

• Like 13
  • Up 1

11 hours ago, gayanchamira said:

hello i'm Level two seller with more than 100 reviews, but i could not reach even a single brief notification and only came direct ones and from previous clients. So i dont know what is the problem and how to solve it please tell me your ideas to overcome this problem

image.thumb.png.d78d21f9cf8a880926b135288f59ab49.png

I can't ensure, but possible to check out the brief price? 

• Like 10
  • Up 1

21 minutes ago, vickieito said:

Right now, briefs are working better than Promoted Gigs, so I have my Promoted Gigs turned off.

Most of the briefs I get are for something other than what I sell, or the buyer wants more for their budget than I offer. I just changed my minimum budget to $200 to see if that helps. 

@vickieito have you noticed that the buyer does not seem to be able to put 'flexible' as their budget anymore? What is the minimum budget you have for our briefs? 

• Like 11

17 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

I just changed my minimum budget to $200 to see if that helps. 

I've changed my minimum too. I barely get briefs anyway, and when I do that not that relevant. I have had one amazing client from briefs, but it's been about as successful as BR. 

• Like 11

On 5/19/2023 at 6:58 AM, rahulkajla1 said:

Maybe the gig category plays a role here. Some features work better in some categories than others.

I would agree with you there - I only plan on getting orders for resumes/LinkedIn profile updates or PowerPoint presentation designs. I usually mark everything else as "I don't offer that service" (even if I do).

On 5/19/2023 at 6:58 AM, rahulkajla1 said:

Did Fiverr improve them?

No, but briefs can improve with your help. If you ignore the briefs nothing will improve. But if you reject the briefs with a reason, the AI will adjust the types of briefs that it sends you. I make it a point to respond to every brief and that helped me to get more relevant results. I think it took me 2 months of training the AI before I started to see more relevant briefs.

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 5
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1