I need help!!

2 hours ago, adnanalif said:

stay online.

2 hours ago, molla_21 said:

Stay online

WRONG! Staying active or being online does not help you at all. This is a myth spread by sellers with a lack of knowledge about how Fiverr works.

@molla_21
Did you stay online since the creation of your account? If you did, then you will agree that I am right. Your account was created 2 years ago (March 2021) and you received only 1 review.

@adnanalif
Did you stay online since the creation of your account? If you did, then you will agree that I am right. Your account was created 5 years ago (September 2018) and you received only 30 reviews. That is an average of 1 review every 2 months. Not a big success in my opinion.

Edited by filipdevaere
  • Like 10
  • Up 2

Hi Angela,

I was having a quiet morning, so thought I would have a look at one of your gigs and see if I could give you any advice. I took a look at your Chinese Tutor gig and noted the following which I don't feel works: -

• Gig image title is off-screen. I think your PX is wrong and the thumbnail needs resizing.
  • There is too much writing on the thumbnail.
  • The writing overlaps your profile picture.
  • Perfectionism and fun denote opposite things to me. Try substituting perfectionism for professionalism.
  • Your different gigs have no branding consistency. Think about implementing that.

What I liked: -

• You take a really great picture.
  • I like the idea of learning a new language.
  • I like the fact that you pointed out that learning a new language is fun.

You have no work example pictures attached to your gig or lesson plan samples, it would be a good idea to put together something and attach it. As a new seller you need to exude confidence and thereby helping the client have confidence in you. Does that make sense?

About gig section: -

• There is not enough information on how this gig works or how it will help the buyer learn Chinese from you.
  • Intentional spelling error noted. However, considering one of your gigs is proofreading I would suggest removing "anddddd."

The solution in this area is to expand your gig description to help the client better understand what you are offering.

In regard to your gig titles, they are listed as 10, 20 and 75. What does this mean? You need to decide on better titles.

In the "About Me" section I would advise telling the buyer more about yourself and why you are passionate about teaching Chinese.

I would advise something along the lines of the following for this gig description: -

"Have you always wanted to learn Chinese or are you a student struggling to grasp the language?

I understand it can be a difficult language to learn. I'm here to help with my professional and friendly approach to teaching. 

My name is Angela and I have been teaching English and Chinese in Japan for the past two years. I have always had a passion to learn and teach new languages and I would like to share that experience with you.

In this gig I offer: -

• A structured lesson plan for beginners and advanced students
  • Conversational Chinese lessons
  • Written Chinese lessons
  • Customized packages

(You could expand on this list depending on exactly what you offer or what your vision is.)

Take the first step on your journey to learn the Chinese language with me and watch yourself grow in confidence."

Conclusion: -

• Improve your thumbnail
  • Put together some lesson plans/work samples and attach them to your gig
  • Expand on your "Gig Description," and "About Me," sections.
  • Consider a video of yourself speaking both Chinese and English.

Finally, I noted that you speak three different languages, Chinese, Japanese and English. I think that is awesome and wondered if you had considered focusing on these areas. I have attached a couple of images, okay maybe more than a couple, to help demonstrate what I mean. Obviously the images would have to be resized to suit the Fiverr requirements.

I wish you the best of luck Angela and I hope this helps in some way.

Angela - gig image.png

Thumbnail  1 - Angela .png

Thumbnail  2 - Angela  (1).png

Angela - About gig.png

Angel - About me.png

Angela - gig packages.png

Edited by andronia001
  • Like 8
  • Up 2

On 5/20/2023 at 8:28 PM, gmkhondaker said:

This category is for new members to introduce themselves, tell where they are from and what they do. This category is not for requesting help or advertising. You can ask for help in Improve my Gig and advertise in My Fiverr Gigs.

• Like 10

On 5/21/2023 at 8:37 PM, andronia001 said:

Hi Angela,

I was having a quiet morning, so thought I would have a look at one of your gigs and see if I could give you any advice. I took a look at your Chinese Tutor gig and noted the following which I don't feel works: -

• Gig image title is off-screen. I think your PX is wrong and the thumbnail needs resizing.
  • There is too much writing on the thumbnail.
  • The writing overlaps your profile picture.
  • Perfectionism and fun denote opposite things to me. Try substituting perfectionism for professionalism.
  • Your different gigs have no branding consistency. Think about implementing that.

What I liked: -

• You take a really great picture.
  • I like the idea of learning a new language.
  • I like the fact that you pointed out that learning a new language is fun.

You have no work example pictures attached to your gig or lesson plan samples, it would be a good idea to put together something and attach it. As a new seller you need to exude confidence and thereby helping the client have confidence in you. Does that make sense?

About gig section: -

• There is not enough information on how this gig works or how it will help the buyer learn Chinese from you.
  • Intentional spelling error noted. However, considering one of your gigs is proofreading I would suggest removing "anddddd."

The solution in this area is to expand your gig description to help the client better understand what you are offering.

In regard to your gig titles, they are listed as 10, 20 and 75. What does this mean? You need to decide on better titles.

In the "About Me" section I would advise telling the buyer more about yourself and why you are passionate about teaching Chinese.

I would advise something along the lines of the following for this gig description: -

"Have you always wanted to learn Chinese or are you a student struggling to grasp the language?

I understand it can be a difficult language to learn. I'm here to help with my professional and friendly approach to teaching. 

My name is Angela and I have been teaching English and Chinese in Japan for the past two years. I have always had a passion to learn and teach new languages and I would like to share that experience with you.

In this gig I offer: -

• A structured lesson plan for beginners and advanced students
  • Conversational Chinese lessons
  • Written Chinese lessons
  • Customized packages

(You could expand on this list depending on exactly what you offer or what your vision is.)

Take the first step on your journey to learn the Chinese language with me and watch yourself grow in confidence."

Conclusion: -

• Improve your thumbnail
  • Put together some lesson plans/work samples and attach them to your gig
  • Expand on your "Gig Description," and "About Me," sections.
  • Consider a video of yourself speaking both Chinese and English.

Finally, I noted that you speak three different languages, Chinese, Japanese and English. I think that is awesome and wondered if you had considered focusing on these areas. I have attached a couple of images, okay maybe more than a couple, to help demonstrate what I mean. Obviously the images would have to be resized to suit the Fiverr requirements.

I wish you the best of luck Angela and I hope this helps in some way.

Angela - gig image.png

Thumbnail  1 - Angela .png

Thumbnail  2 - Angela  (1).png

Angela - About gig.png

Angel - About me.png

Angela - gig packages.png

Thank you so much! This is so helpful, I will take note of that!

• Like 10