My experience returning after a full year of absence

Hi there! 

I've just returned to the Fiverr platform after a year of absence due to personal reasons and i'd appreciate any feedback you have.

So what where the effects of my absence?

• I lost my level two seller badge
  • Lost all my gig rankings
  • Impressions are down miserably

I anticipated this would happen as the algorithm will of course recommend new sellers and more active talent, but after a year, there was a surprise that i'd rather dreaded, I first started on fiverr in 2020 having a niche with just 10-15 competitors, that exact niche has now over 1500 competitors so how will I stay relevant?

I had several thoughts in mind:

1.  Adapt to the evolving market: My main gig was not performing that well nearing the beginning of my break so I introduced a new service on the discord platform which had just rolled out. It quickly became my best-selling gig and I still receive the most impressions to this day. Perhaps it's time to introduce a newer service?
  2. Optimizing for better ranking: What are buyers searching for? What are buyer's needs and wants? Does it meet the price point i'm offering or should I pursue a price penetration strategy? These are all valid questions which I attempt to answer.
  3. Learn new skills and widen up my skillset: I've always focused on animating icons and smaller types of animations contrasting big projects,  perhaps it's time to move on and learn more complex and complicated set of skills to try and offer new services.

Although my gigs went from recieving 1k-2k impressions a day to barely recieving 40, I am optimisitic about the future and will get back at it again :))
image.png.6c3f8638f396b87047c42bef966212f9.png

P.S: I also missed the fiverr forum 🙂❤️

Do feel free to comment on any feedback

• Like 10

Welcome back to Fiverr. You seem to have a good idea of what you can do to get back on track. And you are optimistic, kind of like a new seller 🙂.

Fiverr has grown tremendously since you were last active. You are already aware of the competition and algorithm, so at least you're not clueless or have unrealistic expectations.

My advice is to perform the best you can, appreciate your customers, and wait for Fiverr to recognize your hard work. Though sometimes, honestly, Fiverr won't. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, words_to_wow said:

Welcome back to Fiverr. You seem to have a good idea of what you can do to get back on track. And you are optimistic, kind of like a new seller 🙂.

Fiverr has grown tremendously since you were last active. You are already aware of the competition and algorithm, so at least you're not clueless or have unrealistic expectations.

My advice is to perform the best you can, appreciate your customers, and wait for Fiverr to recognize your hard work. Though sometimes, honestly, Fiverr won't. 

I appreciate the feedback :)) Fiverr has grown tremendously indeed . And I agree, performing the best you can is the answer to try and get recommended by the algorithm. 

• Like 4