Two months have passed since I set my Fiverr profile as' unavailable '.

javedaslam

Good day to everyone, I'm hoping all of you are doing well.

Two months have passed since I made the decision to make my Fiverr profile inaccessible due to certain health concerns. I was offline for a while during the time, which resulted in me losing my Level 1 badge and forcing me to start again as a new seller.

I am excited to ask the expert, what should I do now to rank the gigs on Fiverr search results? Should I not change anything about my gigs? I am totally unaware of the recent updates of Fiverr. I am looking forward to know your recommendations and how I can my new journey on Fiverr once again. 

I can't wait to read your responses.

Best,

Edited by javedaslam
Modify the Title
  • Like 19
  • Sad 3
  • Up 1

• javedaslam changed the title to Two months have passed since I set my Fiverr profile as' unavailable '.
14 minutes ago, javedaslam said:

Good day to everyone, I'm hoping all of you are doing well.

Two months have passed since I made the decision to make my Fiverr profile inaccessible due to certain health concerns. I was offline for a while during the time, which resulted in me losing my Level 1 badge and forcing me to start again as a new seller.

I am excited to ask the expert, what should I do now to rank the gigs on Fiverr search results? Should I not change anything about my gigs? I am totally unaware of the recent updates of Fiverr. I am looking forward to know your recommendations and how I can my new journey on Fiverr once again. 

I can't wait to read your responses.

Best,

Hi @javedaslam, Welcome back! 😊

You might want to put something in your profile to explain your absence (and that you are back in business). Since you just turned the Out-of-Office feature off, you'll want to monitor your gigs for a week or so to see how they perform on the marketplace (and then make adjustments if necessary). Make sure your "Get briefs" feature is turned on from your Gig page because Buyer Requests are being discontinued and will be replaced with the Buyer Briefs.

• Like 15
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 3

4 minutes ago, vickieito said:

You might want to put something in your profile to explain your absence (and that you are back in business). Since you just turned the Out-of-Office feature off, you'll want to monitor your gigs for a week or so to see how they perform on the marketplace (and then make adjustments if necessary). Make sure your "Get briefs" feature is turned on from your Gig page because Buyer Requests are being discontinued and will be replaced with the Buyer Briefs.

Thank you so much @vickieito for the suggestions. I intend to carry out your recommendations.

• Like 16

12 hours ago, vickieito said:

Thank you for your suggestions . I am also were offline for a while like @javedaslam . Me too want to backup my reach among buyers . 

• Like 19

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, strategist_ceo said:

JFC. Why do you ask this question when you are the one who calls yourself a SEO content writer?! :classic_ninja:

Maybe he plans to teach us how to do it properly, or share some tips and tricks known only to industry experts?

(Unlikely, I know...)

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

• 5 months later...

Hi, It's been more than two months since my gigs were visible in the search results, despite the fact that I have made changes. But one thing that I missed was sharing my gigs on my social media platforms, especially on Twitter with relevant hashtags.

Yesterday, I started doing that. Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.

Guess what? 

I get an order just because I share my gigs on social media.

So, try this. I hope that you will get good results.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, filipdevaere said:

using social media platforms is not or barely working.

I agree with you on this 100%. Although there is a way to get clients through social media and by sharing the gig links by other means. 

A method which benefitted me as a full-stack web developer was targeting specific clients. Sharing gig links randomly or posting links on Facebook groups and pages never works. But if we know our customer base and search for the business that needs our services and we can help them to make their business better then social media sharing or email marketing is a great way to do it. Targeting these specific businesses, briefing them on the issues they currently have, and suggesting the betterments can make them buy our services. 

Being said that, it's not that simple, one needs to do good research on a business, needs to have a great portfolio, should know what he/she is talking about, and must prepare an assessment specifically for the business. Get all the contact details, and fix an appointment for a video or audio conference if possible. You may get rejected 9 times doing this but you will get 1 client in the end, for sure. If someone is ready to seriously work on their business and put some effort into it, they can defiantly build a stable and niche client base of their liking. 

But again, sharing gig links randomly on social media is never going to work, because you are trying to sell earphones to a deaf person. 

Edited by fastweber
  • Like 8
  • Up 4

5 minutes ago, filipdevaere said:

That is the best feedback

Thank you. I think many senior sellers use this method to get their preferable clients. I've heard some sellers get orders of $10000 - $30000. It's hard to find this kind of client if we solely rely on Fiverr. If a freelancer knows his/her client base properly, great things can be achieved. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, fastweber said:

I agree with you on this 100%. Although there is a way to get clients through social media and by sharing the gig links by other means. 

A method which benefitted me as a full-stack web developer was targeting specific clients. Sharing gig links randomly or posting links on Facebook groups and pages never works. But if we know our customer base and search for the business that needs our services and we can help them to make their business better then social media sharing or email marketing is a great way to do it. Targeting these specific businesses, briefing them on the issues they currently have, and suggesting the betterments can make them buy our services. 

Being said that, it's not that simple, one needs to do good research on a business, needs to have a great portfolio, should know what he/she is talking about, and must prepare an assessment specifically for the business. Get all the contact details, and fix an appointment for a video or audio conference if possible. You may get rejected 9 times doing this but you will get 1 client in the end, for sure. If someone is ready to seriously work on their business and put some effort into it, they can defiantly build a stable and niche client base of their liking. 

But again, sharing gig links randomly on social media is never going to work, because you are trying to sell earphones to a deaf person. 

Really helpful post about social media link shear. I hope everyone read this post.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, filipdevaere said:

Nice. In most cases, using social media platforms is not or barely working.

Very true sir. It is beneficial to whom who has a lot of clients connected already in their social media. But with a new social profile or not so active type social media doesn't help getting clients from there

• Like 5

10 hours ago, fastweber said:

Excellent. Great advice on getting leads through social media, you clearly know what you're doing!

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2023 at 8:31 AM, javedaslam said:

I am looking forward to having an expert opinion on this. What things actually work to get the ranking of the gig on search results? 

First of all, please don't offer any generic services as everyone offers them. Try to offer some specific services so that your gig will be shown in the buyer's search results.