HELP! User ordered a gig request with erotica involving minors and is refusing to accept cancelation

legacyparcell

Question

I had an order come through on my freelance ghost writing gig from somebody requesting some fanfic from a show I've never seen with poly romance and erotica, which I was already annoyed by because I don't do that kind of stuff [Which is very explicitly in my rules], and they didnt reach out to me before hand to see if I'd be willing to do it. They just placed the order and didn't even give context, just the shows name and the poly ship. 

But I checked the show and the character ages and it became even more problematic. All of the characters they requested are between the ages 14-17. 

I gave my reasons as to why I wouldn't be doing it and they wouldn't respond so I cancelled the order. They declined the cancelation immediately.

Edit: they sent their own cancelation through without responding to my messages. 

Fiverr also made me aware that the user is brand new with a little pop up. This feels really suspicious and weird. 

Will the cancellation affect me if it comes from their end? I've read that it does, but it seems like it wouldn't affect me if it came FROM me. I already have one other cancelled order and one completed order with no reviews yet, I don't want to tank my account. I just find it suspicious that they declined my cancelation request then sent their own through. 

Should I decline it and send my own through again and if they deny it should I contact support? 

Edited by legacyparcell
  • Like 6

2 answers to this question

Hey! In this case, I would probably report to support just in case (but be VERY clear that you do NOT offer anything like this.) The buyer could be new (...or could be a second / third / etc. account after being banned. Happens a lot in the niche. 

I'm not sure about cancellations but in this case (as they ordered something both illegal / against the TOS AND something you don't do ) CS should restore your cancellation rate if something does happen. 

• Like 5
  • Up 1

10 minutes ago, katakatica said:

Hey! In this case, I would probably report to support just in case (but be VERY clear that you do NOT offer anything like this.) The buyer could be new (...or could be a second / third / etc. account after being banned. Happens a lot in the niche. 

I'm not sure about cancellations but in this case (as they ordered something both illegal / against the TOS AND something you don't do ) CS should restore your cancellation rate if something does happen. 

Thank you, I contacted Fiverr support, and made it very clear I don't do content between minors (its literally the first rule in my gig description), but when I sent my request through then went to "my requests" section it says that I don't have any open requests, even though I refreshed the page. Is this typical? I just want to make sure it went through. 

• Like 4