Some Gigs are getting a new look

Shiran.M

Non-visual Gigs (i.e. SEO, Software Development, Translation, etc.) are getting a bit of a facelift. We recently upgraded the appearance of these Gigs to improve the buyer browsing experience. 

Here’s what’s new: 
1) More focus on sellers (that’s you!) with name and profile picture in the spotlight
2) Removal of Gig card gallery
3) Added section showing elements relevant by service (so that means industries for SEO, skills for Software Development, and languages for Translation, etc.) 

These changes enable buyers to get more relevant info about Gigs and sellers upfront, compare better, and start orders faster. Right now, only a select group of buyers can view the new experience, but soon it will be open to all buyers. 

If you’ve got a Gig in a non-visual service, make sure your info (industries, skills, languages, etc.) is up-to-date to take full advantage of these changes. 

The Fiverr team 💚

• Like 212
  • Sad 2
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 9
  • Thanks 21

Yea, I also noticed this feature on some top-rated seller's gigs. To be honest, it's not that user-friendly design. They made gig images small. Thought we are used to our old style but still it looks odd and seems like nothing is in its place.

• Like 122
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Up 7
  • Thanks 8

Thats one of the worst update by fiverr , its not user friendly for buyers even . Many of buyers will ask me in inbox do you offer only two industries so first i have to explain them please scroll and check other as well. Second our gig images were explainer of our services , i think gig images should appear in SEO services.  I think its not a good update image.thumb.png.e37f703dcdb3fe1fcb3511c5f1c7af65.png

• Like 105
  • Sad 6
  • Up 11

This update actually very bad for both sellers and buyers as well. Buyers don't have time to read through the generic title of a gig and decide. Removing gig images would make it much harder and the buying process more hideous for buyers. They would need to read through all the text in the title and there would not be any differentiation in the gigs. Gig image serves as the brand image of the gig which we sellers optimize for CTR and conversion. Gig image serves as the first contact point and attention-grabbing tool which help buyers to choose the right service for their needs. If buyer has to read through the similar titles of 50 sellers offering similar service, it would obviously confuse them. Having a gig image is an essential part of gig and it should not be removed. 

• Like 99
  • Confused 1
  • Up 12
  • Thanks 3

On 5/16/2023 at 9:57 AM, Shiran.M said:

Non-visual Gigs (i.e. SEO, Software Development, Translation, etc.) are getting a bit of a facelift.

I will repeat it again and again. This is the most awful update ever.  

You removed the most crucial part for the customers. 

You asked sellers to create videos and write detailed descriptions to avoid confusion among customers.

And now, you show the potential customers our profile description (what for???). 

The process has to be simple: Open gig page > Get relevant info > Order.  

eaa948f7ea58f2fca10b43eded4c5960.jpg.e6a1727d7b4aa0f63d4fcbd030885dc7.jpg

Edited by vovkaslovesnyy
  • Like 72
  • Haha 21
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 7

On 5/20/2023 at 1:39 AM, numan_seo said:

This update actually very bad for both sellers and buyers as well. Buyers don't have time to read through the generic title of a gig and decide. Removing gig images would make it much harder and the buying process more hideous for buyers. They would need to read through all the text in the title and there would not be any differentiation in the gigs. Gig image serves as the brand image of the gig which we sellers optimize for CTR and conversion. Gig image serves as the first contact point and attention-grabbing tool which help buyers to choose the right service for their needs. If buyer has to read through the similar titles of 50 sellers offering similar service, it would obviously confuse them. Having a gig image is an essential part of gig and it should not be removed. 

Good point. I am also very confused.

• Like 75

• 2 weeks later...

I've just seen this update live (probably because I am traveling in a region, where it's available). How can this be better than the list of gigs with videos and images?

I will never understand it (as well as the one-way community approach, when you have to eat what you are given).  

2023-06-04_20-18-04.thumb.png.afbbae00112cbc55944a41c849bde89c.png

• Like 68
  • Up 8
  • Thanks 2

Design is Business? In this case, I don't think so! Looks like the wrong decision to switch to that design! It does not stress the gig and confuses both the client and the seller. I don't see how 5er will profit from this change either, on the contrary! And then, perhaps the old design, which is smarter & more straightforward will make a comeback? The current one is just a lose lose situation. I am sure most of us agree. 

• Like 62
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 13
  • Thanks 1

Since this update is rolled out, I have witnessed a clear decline in the clicks (impressions are the same) and organic orders are just gone. Not a single organic order since this faceless gig update is rolled out! If we search yourselves (as a seller) we really struggle to understand from the title of the gig alone what the service is about. Showing 2 industries' specialization is also a very bad idea. We as a seller service many to all industries and just randomly show 2 industries under the gig turning away buyers thinking we might not be experienced in their industry. New buyers and somewhat experienced buyers don't know how to choose among packages and order the right gig and this new plain gig experience is making the buying process even worse. It is a total confusion. 

• Like 61
  • Up 9
  • Thanks 1

Any noticeable changes in algorithm search?

Looks like with the new design also many irrelevant profiles pop up on the first pages...

Also, the queue waiting list disappeared from public view. Is that good for business?

Overall, the former design and strategy is far better for the seller and the buyer. 

Does anyone get better results as a result of the new design? 

• Like 64
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 2

On 5/16/2023 at 1:57 AM, Shiran.M said:

Non-visual Gigs (i.e. SEO, Software Development, Translation, etc.) are getting a bit of a facelift. We recently upgraded the appearance of these Gigs to improve the buyer browsing experience. 

Here’s what’s new: 
1) More focus on sellers (that’s you!) with name and profile picture in the spotlight
2) Removal of Gig card gallery
3) Added section showing elements relevant by service (so that means industries for SEO, skills for Software Development, and languages for Translation, etc.) 

These changes enable buyers to get more relevant info about Gigs and sellers upfront, compare better, and start orders faster. Right now, only a select group of buyers can view the new experience, but soon it will be open to all buyers. 

If you’ve got a Gig in a non-visual service, make sure your info (industries, skills, languages, etc.) is up-to-date to take full advantage of these changes. 

The Fiverr team 💚

They should consider retaining video as part of this update. Videos shows personality and it's the one thing that helps sellers stand out.

Edited by emely_mm
Spelling edit
  • Like 56
  • Thanks 1

I want to echo just how terrible this new layout is.

It's awful to look at and only serves to bury any relevant information about the gig itself.

Why in the world is Fiverr putting our profile at the top of the page and hiding the image gallery and gig text? Sharing my seller profile doesn't tell the potential buyer what the gig is about!

And, by only displaying a snippet of the gig description, with the rest hidden behind a Read More link, you can be sure that 99% of would-be buyers aren't going to see the text that we have taken the trouble to write in order to sell our services.

I cringed when I saw the new layout as I knew that it was going to have an adverse effect. Sure enough, since the update rolled out, I've been getting message after message asking me what service I offer and how I can help. This would be clear if the page was laid out as it previously appeared. Now, however, the point of the gig is hidden and we have become the product, which makes no sense.

I wholeheartedly call for Fiverr to roll back this change so that the image gallery and gig text once again takes center stage.

• Like 56
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am always a fan of Updates but this one really confuses me. 

What exactly is this update and what exactly is the focus? In my suggestion, it would have been helpful if the gig gallery/cards section had a new look, making it easier for the buyers to choose the specific gig and helping sellers of course.

• Like 50
  • Up 2

On 6/4/2023 at 11:21 PM, vovkaslovesnyy said:

I've just seen this update live (probably because I am traveling in a region, where it's available). How can this be better than the list of gigs with videos and images?

I will never understand it (as well as the one-way community approach, when you have to eat what you are given).  

2023-06-04_20-18-04.thumb.png.afbbae00112cbc55944a41c849bde89c.png

Exactly, it just defeats the purpose of making gig images and Gig Videos on which the sellers really work hard to earn that one click when picked by the buyers amongst may gigs. 

• Like 44
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2023 at 3:02 PM, shakilanabi said:

Every new thing need time to get adjusted. Hope this new look will also be getting comfortable to everyone in short time.  

No doubt it will take time. But I think Fiverr will look into it as not many people agree with this update. Let's see!

• Like 47
  • Up 2

• 1 month later...

I also noticed this while researching SEO gigs. I think it's still under A/B testing face. But to be honest, removing Gig's card gallery is not a good idea though. Because, when you're trying to decide which gig to choose, the first thing you usually look at is the gig's image, later the title, description, profile, reviews and so on...

• Like 37
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...