Is Your Journey Bed of Roses or not

gayanchamira

Fiverr life is a mix of bad and sweet memories/ Experiences to me. But i think it is a Bed of roses to Some lucky sellers. what's are your experiences in fiverr life with memorable orders requests and warning. really it will be nice to discuss. please attach your experiences

rose.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, gayanchamira said:

But i think it is a Bed of roses to Some lucky sellers

You make a mistake when you dismiss the hard work of others as "luck." Unless you think Elon Musk is launching rockets because he's lucky. 

• Like 18
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, newsmike said:

You make a mistake when you dismiss the hard work of others as "luck." Unless you think Elon Musk is launching rockets because he's lucky. 

Oh, but it's all luck and nothing else. Breaking into a male-dominated industry (mostly games in this case, I guess the rest of writing is mostly even) was a piece of cake and NEVER made me a target of gross people.

Wait.
(no sass to you @newsmike I agree with you completely.)

8 hours ago, gayanchamira said:

But i think it is a Bed of roses t

Honestly, it's not. Sure, there is this fun pink fog when you get going and get your first orders, but after that, it's all hard work. I might be 'luckier' than some others from my home country, but most of it is honestly me being stubborn and pushing myself until I can't anymore. 

A bed of roses would be me NOT having a mental breakdown yesterday due to work. Do I love what I do? Absolutely. But I don't love it being dismissed as only luck and happiness because it's not. 

(if any TRS/Pro has a different experience, I'd adore hearing it because I want that, too.)

• Like 14
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, katakatica said:

(if any TRS/Pro has a different experience, I'd adore hearing it because I want that, too.)

It's not a bed of roses at all. I would say that being in the right place at the right time has served me well with a few things, but any success (and apparent luck) has been down to hard work and unflinching determination to be a successful freelancer doing what I love. And in my field of VO, acting and writing, success also comes with a lot of rejection, sometimes just because of physical appearance, and many jobs go to other people. I don't resent it, I'm happy when talented people succeed, but without an iron will, I would have buckled years ago. A bed of roses would be getting a full-time job doing something mindless and taking home a guaranteed income every month. (No offence intended to anyone who does have a full-time job). 

Edited by leannelrivers
  • Like 13
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, leannelrivers said:

but without an iron will,

Exactly. By all means, I agree that some of us have it easy now, but I think we all fought quite hard for it. Some days I wish I could have one of those cushy jobs (again, no offence to them from me either, sometimes, I envy it.) But... I love what I do too much, I guess? I think that's sort of the difference between being forced to be a freelancer (which seems like an unfortunate pattern from many countries) or at least feeling like that's your only option vs. choosing to pursue your passion. It's hard, but it pays off. However, many who want easy cash don't make it until that point, I guess. 

• Like 13
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, katakatica said:

However, many who want easy cash don't make it until that point, I guess. 

It's not the life for everyone. Those months where next to nothing comes in play havoc on the fingernails, but on the other hand there isn't a set limit to what can be earned. I've made 20 grand in a day for an hours work more than once. Other days nothing. Hey ho. 🙂 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, gayanchamira said:

Fiverr life is a mix of bad and sweet memories/ Experiences to me. But i think it is a Bed of roses to Some lucky sellers.

Oh my gosh! Where to start?

I agree that life as a freelancer has been a mix of bad and sweet memories for me. 

However, I would never say working as a freelancer on Fiverr was a bed of roses, and luck had little to do with my seller's success here. 

“Lucky” might apply to somebody who won a bingo game or narrowly missed getting hit in the head with a fly ball at their grandson's little league game. But, when it comes to achieving success on Fiverr, that requires dedication, sacrifices, and plain ol’ hard work. Luck has nothing to do with it.

• Like 11
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

I would say it's a bed of roses every now and then. Mostly when orders come rolling in. But I'd say here lately it's been pretty tedious. Customers these days, in my experience, come in the following tiers:

• Ghosters - These customers come in with questions, and give you details on their project. You tell them how you can help them accomplish their aim. Then give them a price for the job. They say 'okay,' and never return again.
  • The Unprepared - This breed of customer arrives with a goal. They want to create something. But don't have any idea of the nuts and bolts of it. And once you explain things, and ask them questions. They realize they aren't very well-versed at this stage in development. They vanish after or sometimes during... the conversation because you've made them see they don't entirely have their stuff together. Sometimes they return, sometimes they don't.
  • The Financially Misguided - These guys and gals are always fun. They have big goals. But a budget they know doesn't fit at all. Doesn't stop them from inboxing you though and wasting your time. Even if they know you won't accept their pennies.
  • Spammers - As advertised. These individuals just bring gibberish to the table. And it's really annoying because it usually comes at 2 or 3 am.
  • The Randoms - These folks want to use your services but are vague in their request. Their conversational open usually starts with something like... 'I want business name,' or 'need promotion.' When you ask them what business they want named, or promoted, they remain murky. With one word answers like 'electronics,' or 'services.' It's a guessing game that isn't fun in the least. As a freelancer, I shouldn't have to pull teeth to get you to tell me about your company. 
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, newsmike said:

Thanks for your ideas but "Luck" Meant that Lot one of seller will get the order among thousands of sellers, but other are nothing wrong i have seen many of them have perfect design abilities as a designer but lack of orders

About Elon Musk story really he is lucky to launch rocket, but many scientists have knowledge  about rocket science and worked hard to be a scientist. but couldn't able to Launch a rocket

• Like 8
  • Up 1

Really enjoy it actually, just adapting to circumstances in which I compare my life of that of a granny behind a laptop. 😆 Time to water the plants in between, having a walk outside, doing a bit of exercise and mainly being available for all customers out there. Talking about luck, names can make a difference. Even the name Elon Musk can be broken down into meanings. Elo = electric light orchestra, way to measure performance, Ion = atom with electrical charge, Musk = strong smelling substance from the musk deer, animal that is here since 25mln years. 

• Like 9
  • Up 1

4 hours ago, gayanchamira said:

Thanks for your ideas but "Luck" Meant that Lot one of seller will get the order among thousands of sellers, but other are nothing wrong i have seen many of them have perfect design abilities as a designer but lack of orders

About Elon Musk story really he is lucky to launch rocket, but many scientists have knowledge  about rocket science and worked hard to be a scientist. but couldn't able to Launch a rocket

Sorry, I have explained it to you. I don't think I can offer it in a way which you would understand.  Good "Luck." 

• Like 7
  • Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

I believe we all have experienced a mix of challenging and rewarding experiences, with memorable orders and requests that leave a lasting impact. However, there might be also navigating competition, and managing expectations. And it is simple not relevant to use 'bed of roses' as if people here are earning just by pressing a button lol 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1