I get texts of spammers (fake clients) daily. But, why fiverr sent a spammed warning to my account?

gs_1602

Question

3 answers to this question

The same happened to me. I suspect that with the way they manage spam nowadays, many sellers face the same ordeal. I know now why I saw what came across as a warning. I was worried because I was getting spam after spam and wanted to make it clear to Fiverr that I was not participating and did not intend to. So when one spam message said to look at the sender's website to see an example of what they wanted me to do, I said I would not make contact outside of Fiverr. That message was immediately blocked, my one listing was paused, and I had to wait until Fiverr staff reviewed the message. Furthermore, there was no apology. Instead, I was told that Fiverr had decided that I'd passed their review. It's an unusual approach to spam management. I hope they update it soon.

I have another question about a similar spam message. I better go open a new thread. 

• Like 8

I agree that they should check that their TOS are being covered, but coming down hard on sellers when their spam management system is faulty, is the wrong way to go. I took the best approach available and faced a hefty penalty because I did. Contextually, I had already gotten, give or take, five spam emails before. The spam never ends. I haven't had one genuine buyer reach out yet. So, my listing was shut down as a way to deal with spam--it's obvious. It's the spammers who are leading people to outside-of-Fiverr dealings. Why not try instead to remove the actual problem? I am not the problem! Sellers are not the problem.

Contextually, I opened as a seller yesterday, and by the end of the day could see, between the ones that made it to me and the ones that were shut down as they came through, 12-ish spam emails. I don't fault Fiverr but encourage them to give sellers room to thrive while they focus on the real problem. 

Edited by amethystblac814
  • Like 5