Improve my Gig

khankhalili

On 5/11/2023 at 3:55 PM, filipdevaere said:

I strongly suggest (while you are waiting for orders) that you start to improve your English skills.

Americans are even exponentially slipping in their English skills. It hurt to see starting about a decade ago when smart phones became the norm for communication, and, what, got me the most, was, people putting commas,,,,,everywhere - Now people like to use colons in maddening ways - I try to breathe through it - What can you do?

I just got done editing out all of that from an 1,800-word script without my blood pressure increasing. 

Edited by mandyzines
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mandyzines said:

Americans are even exponentially slipping in their English skills.

Spoken English is becoming a victim also. Most annoying is the newer trend of t-glottalization. This one drives me crazy. Instead of saying "button" we get "buh-ehn". Also some will say it's not "impor-ehnt" or "impor-dent." 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 5/13/2023 at 1:34 PM, newsmike said:

Spoken English is becoming a victim also. Most annoying is the newer trend of t-glottalization. This one drives me crazy. Instead of saying "button" we get "buh-ehn". Also some will say it's not "impor-ehnt" or "impor-dent." 

Sometimes the "t's" are barely pronounced if they're at the end, maybe depending on the locale. I had to recall being a Californian for the Duh-part-men of Health the other day. Apparently, I was saying it wrong. You have just kind of let your lower jaw hang and push what would be a "t" out of your nose.

Edited by mandyzines
  • Like 3